Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need 2in lift help

Old 03-08-2009, 09:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
how would you say the RC rides compared to stock? I have never been in a jeep with RC suspension... so I really have no idea. The only thing that I know is the good stuff I have read in some threads, and then some bad stuff said by a couple guys that wanted to bu the FT long arm I sold. One guy said that he was not happy with the ride on road, and the other said he had it offroad the first time a couple days before and it did not flex like he expected.

Both of them were running a RC 6". They could just be too picky. Or there could be a problem with the 6"? I dunno. That is the first time I have seen someone say the OME shocks did not impress them. I replaced some superlift shocks with the OME LT shocks and the ride difference was night and day. I had no idea my jeep was so rough until I got those shocks. I dont have OME springs, but I may swap them in one day. I have teraflex springs.

Most people recommend what they have, because it is what they know or think is best. I would not recommend tera springs for this application because said height and actual height is so different. I bought a 3" tera kit and got 5" front and 4.25 rear. The OME light springs will settle down to close to 2-2.5"

I have never read someone say anything bad about OME. I am not an expert though.

Compared to the factory rubicon suspension it was just a bit firmer compared to stock on the stock 32" tires, Once I added the 35's it rode smoother. I agree I feel alot people try to only recommend what they purchased as a way of justifying their purchase lol. I wanted RE springs originally as that is what Ive had good success with in the past,Tera's always rode good, but seemed to wear out and sag faster. When doing the research on the JK, I knew I only wanted 2-3" total suspension lift as I wanted to jeep the COG as low as possible. Every thread I read on the RE or Tera 2-3" springs were netting 4-5" of lift on the 2 doors. The OME was netting 3-4, Thus I ended up with the RC springs as most reported 2.5" of lift on the 2 door which is right where I wanted to be. Again take everything ya read with a grain of salt as everyone tries to justify their decisons and think they made the right decision the first time around(myself included) but if I were to do it again, Id buy the same RC springs again. If I change them out it will only be for a coilover setup.

Last edited by stangjeeper; 03-08-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TAMU Jeeper
I was looking into the spacers and i actually have a 2in spacer in the front now to level it, but it leans around corners really bad and the whole jeep bobbles back and forth especially around bumpy corners, would diferent springs help this?
is the ride a little too soft and boat like right now?
JK Freak

He just insalled OME HD on his. Looks pretty level. it may settle some, but gave him just over 3" for now. I hope he doesnt mind I borrowed his photo. His jeep looks great. His write up is in modified jk tech.
3" on a 4door. it will be higher on a 2 door.
JK Enthusiast

Ya thats exactly what im lookin for i love that height
Old 03-08-2009, 09:18 PM
JK Jedi

I thought tamu has an unlim?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

My jeeps felt really soft around corners ever since i got it, it really annoys me to have to hold on to everything around every sharp corner even at lower speeds
Old 03-08-2009, 09:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

...and yes i have the 4 door unlimited x
Old 03-08-2009, 09:21 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by TAMU Jeeper
My jeeps felt really soft around corners ever since i got it, it really annoys me to have to hold on to everything around every sharp corner even at lower speeds
any lifted spring will firm it up some. skyjacker is known for overly soft sloppy feel. I wish you were local I would let you drive mine. Drives/ rides way better than a stocker.

I had skyjacker lift on my grand cherokee, and it was caddi soft and smooth. I would not want that feel on this jeep.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:21 PM
JK Freak

here is my before and after with the RC 2.5 coils. This is without the body lift and also 32's to 35's

Old 03-08-2009, 09:22 PM
JK Freak

I thought tamu has an unlim?
I was going by his avatar. must have missed the unlimited part.

Quick Reply: Need 2in lift help