Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need 2in lift help

Old 03-08-2009, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya im definatly another college student on a budget , i just want the little bit extra height and level it out in the process, OME springs with the 3/4in spacers sounds like what im looking for ill get on it immediatly. Thanks for all the input
Old 03-08-2009, 08:45 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't forget to show photos of it before and after! OME makes great stuff. David at northridge will sell them to you as cheap as anywhere, and he will give you free shipping too. His customer service is amazing!!! Good luck!

PS. I have heard the ride and flex on some rough country lifts is less than ideal. sometimes you really do get what you pay for.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:50 PM
JK Freak

If you do the OME with the spacers your going to end up with 3-4" which is pushing the limits of the stock arms,and will also cause the need for track bars. As for the RC being a cheaper lift, The price comes from whats included vs Tera,RE etc. RC is just shocks and springs nothing else. The OME stuff is way over priced IMHO. I had the OME shocks on a previous rig and noticed Zero ride quality difference vs the Tera shocks I replaced them with. Its your money, do some more research and purchase what you can, that fits your needs. Just when you think you've done enough research, do anothers 2-3 days worth.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ill definatly do more research and post pics of the final product. I like what OME has to offer but if for the budget im on now i really just want a good solid product plus itll only be temporary.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TAMU Jeeper
Ill definatly do more research and post pics of the final product. I like what OME has to offer but if for the budget im on now i really just want a good solid product plus itll only be temporary.
I went with the 2.5 RC setup, Im clearing 35" tires just fine with whats in my sig.

while I will add things down the road such as contol arms,front track bar (did the frame bracket for the rear),also added the extended sway bar links. I have no intentions of changing out the coils. If your going to purchase coils try and find whats going to work long term. If your just wanting to keep the budget down and add a lil lift. toss in a set of spacers. You can always resell them later down the road and recover most of your cost.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

....but once again want a level stance with the extra 2 inches above all, if anyone has a similiar setup to what im lookin for pics would be awesome.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TAMU Jeeper
....but once again want a level stance with the extra 2 inches above all, if anyone has a similiar setup to what im lookin for pics would be awesome.
2 3/4" spacer in the front and 2" in the rear. Level and 2" taller.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:07 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by stangjeeper
If you do the OME with the spacers your going to end up with 3-4" which is pushing the limits of the stock arms,and will also cause the need for track bars. As for the RC being a cheaper lift, The price comes from whats included vs Tera,RE etc. RC is just shocks and springs nothing else. The OME stuff is way over priced IMHO. I had the OME shocks on a previous rig and noticed Zero ride quality difference vs the Tera shocks I replaced them with. Its your money, do some more research and purchase what you can, that fits your needs. Just when you think you've done enough research, do anothers 2-3 days worth.
how would you say the RC rides compared to stock? I have never been in a jeep with RC suspension... so I really have no idea. The only thing that I know is the good stuff I have read in some threads, and then some bad stuff said by a couple guys that wanted to bu the FT long arm I sold. One guy said that he was not happy with the ride on road, and the other said he had it offroad the first time a couple days before and it did not flex like he expected.

Both of them were running a RC 6". They could just be too picky. Or there could be a problem with the 6"? I dunno. That is the first time I have seen someone say the OME shocks did not impress them. I replaced some superlift shocks with the OME LT shocks and the ride difference was night and day. I had no idea my jeep was so rough until I got those shocks. I dont have OME springs, but I may swap them in one day. I have teraflex springs.

Most people recommend what they have, because it is what they know or think is best. I would not recommend tera springs for this application because said height and actual height is so different. I bought a 3" tera kit and got 5" front and 4.25 rear. The OME light springs will settle down to close to 2-2.5"

I have never read someone say anything bad about OME. I am not an expert though.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was looking into the spacers and i actually have a 2in spacer in the front now to level it, but it leans around corners really bad and the whole jeep bobbles back and forth especially around bumpy corners, would diferent springs help this?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:13 PM
JK Jedi

He just insalled OME HD on his. Looks pretty level. it may settle some, but gave him just over 3" for now. I hope he doesnt mind I borrowed his photo. His jeep looks great. His write up is in modified jk tech.

Quick Reply: Need 2in lift help