Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need 2in lift help

Old 03-08-2009, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need 2in lift help

Does anyone know if there is a place that I can get just the coil springs for a 2-2.5in lift, i know Skyjacker sells the springs seperatly but what about OME or Teraflex? All i am looking for is the springs, thanks.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Just about every lift manufactor will sell just the springs. Try contacting your vendor of choice and have them get you a price.
There was a set of Tera springs listed in the for sale section on here.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

northridge and quadratec both sell them.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks ill give that a shot, any recomendations??
Old 03-08-2009, 07:23 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by TAMU Jeeper
Thanks ill give that a shot, any recomendations??

ome is the only way at that height. You got shocks yet? my ome shocks ride amazing
Old 03-08-2009, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Skyjacker Hydro shocks but not that impressed with them, but they will work for now, i wont be doing any offroading in it for a while its just strictly a daily street diver for now. Saying that, will I need any additional things at that height or will just springs and shocks be ok for now? Like i say i wont be doing any offroading im just trying to get a little extra height for now. Any recomendations would be great.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:48 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by TAMU Jeeper
I have the Skyjacker Hydro shocks but not that impressed with them, but they will work for now, i wont be doing any offroading in it for a while its just strictly a daily street diver for now. Saying that, will I need any additional things at that height or will just springs and shocks be ok for now? Like i say i wont be doing any offroading im just trying to get a little extra height for now. Any recomendations would be great.
the very least I would recommend is a frame mounted track arm bracket. But instead I would get a set of jks adj. track arms. they are only like 130 each. If I was you... when i could afford it I would get adj. front lower control arms. I think it really makes them drive great. just my 2 cents.

If you are going to offroad it, I would maybe swap in some sway bar discos in the front and drop your bracket lines and abs wires down. Also I would add bumpstops if your tire size rubs.

Just for driving around for now (and if you only want 2"ish) I would get the OME light springs and a frame mounted track arm bracket if money is tight.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds good I appreciate all the help, ive heard great things on OME so ill give them a shot for sure. One last thing thing though, I have a 2in spacer in the front to level it out but would it be too much to stack that on the 2.5in coils or should i just go with a 3/4in spacer?
Old 03-08-2009, 08:26 PM
JK Jedi

way too much. at most for what you are wanting... and it sounds like you are on a tight budget like me... (you in college too?) then you don't really want to go over like 2.5" if you stack those you will be oer 4" I wouldn't recommend the HD springs either unless you have a heavy heavy rig. If you are all stock or clost you will porobably see 2.5 - 3" at first anyway from the OME LD springs. I would not use more than 3/4 spacer. sell the old one on the forum maybe? if that spring gives you 3" before it settles down some and you stack a 2" spacer you are in the air 5" or more in the front. That is way too much without adressing sway bar links, caster, driveshaft, etc. IMO

If you want more height than that just buy taller coils, I wouldn't use a 2" spring and a 2" spacer to get 4". I would just get a 4" coil.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:40 PM
JK Freak

Id look into the Rough Country 2.5' progressive spring lift. it includes shocks and its under $400 for everything shipped.

Quick Reply: Need 2in lift help