Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

N-Fab Wheel-to-Wheel Side Steps

Old 03-16-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N-Fab Wheel-to-Wheel Side Steps

Looking to purchase a set of N-Fab Wheel-to-Wheel Side Steps. Anyone have any quality issues with these or any other N-Fab products? How is the build quality? Any installation issues? Thanks.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

I installed these on my 2011 Rubi Unlimited. They are great quality and very rock solid. I had them on a previously owned Toyota Tacoma, so went with them on my JK. The install requires you drill the pinch seam for a couple of the threaded studs to go through. I had a difficult time as I was alone, and had to use my jack stands to rest the side step on and get it up where I could measure it and drill. Other than that, no problems. My wife being 4' 11" requires something to get in to my lifted JK.. I would recommend them anytime.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a set on my 2010 JKU X.

They are well made and solid. Quality product. I am disabled so on bad days they come in handy.

I have a caveat though. I play harder than most off road; on the red rated trails the steps themselves are the lowest point and tend to rub. On the easy-moderate-difficult trails I don't have a problem. I have a 2.5" lift and 33s. If I were lifted a little taller I would be fine.

So, great product, great for moderate wheeling, not good for playing in rock gardens.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have these also, very impressed w/ the quality...
Old 03-16-2011, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by largo
I installed these on my 2011 Rubi Unlimited. They are great quality and very rock solid. I had them on a previously owned Toyota Tacoma, so went with them on my JK. The install requires you drill the pinch seam for a couple of the threaded studs to go through. I had a difficult time as I was alone, and had to use my jack stands to rest the side step on and get it up where I could measure it and drill. Other than that, no problems. My wife being 4' 11" requires something to get in to my lifted JK.. I would recommend them anytime.
So these do not mount to the frame? I have been looking at these but the only thing stopping me from buying them is the fact that I have a body lift and don't want them to be hanging down too low.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

They mount to the frame and pinch seem also... not sure how that will work w/ a body lift??
Old 03-16-2011, 05:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chipmaker
They mount to the frame and pinch seem also... not sure how that will work w/ a body lift??
Mine mounted body only... No frame attachment at all.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have them and body lift no problems at all get you wont regret it
Old 03-17-2011, 04:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Grognard
I have a set on my 2010 JKU X.

They are well made and solid. Quality product. I am disabled so on bad days they come in handy.

I have a caveat though. I play harder than most off road; on the red rated trails the steps themselves are the lowest point and tend to rub. On the easy-moderate-difficult trails I don't have a problem. I have a 2.5" lift and 33s. If I were lifted a little taller I would be fine.

So, great product, great for moderate wheeling, not good for playing in rock gardens.

Thanks for the input & pic. I have virtually the same set-up on a red 2010 unlimited, so the pic was really appreciated. I'll definitely be ordering these thanks to all the inputs on this thread & your pic.

Quick Reply: N-Fab Wheel-to-Wheel Side Steps