Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MY13 JKU - Rear Bumper advuce

Old 01-07-2013, 12:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY13 JKU - Rear Bumper advuce

Hey Guys,

Hoping someone can help me out here and apologies if seen as silly question.

I recently bought a new JK Unlimited which i am in the process of modifying.

Thus far i have added the following:
4" Old Man Emu Lift Kit
Old Man Emu Steering Stabilizer
20x10 XD Rockstar
37x12.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers
ARB Air Compressor
ARB Diff Hats

My question is that i am changing over the rear bumper and want something that has a heavy duty swing away wheel carrier system. The issue is that here in Australia they are very strict on mud flaps on the rear of vehicle and i'd like something that makes use of the factory fitted ones rather that the hideous teraflex version available. I would also like something that is a complete length rear bumper so that is meets the contours of the standard fenders.

anyone able to suggest a bar that can still keep the stock rear flaps attached or mounted to it?

any advice is appreciated.. at this stage ive only found one being the Kaymar bumper which is a little pricey at $4k. and isnt ideal as it has a swing away wheel carrier that swings to the left rather than the right -

reference:
http://www.kaymar.com.au/vehicles/jeep/wrangler.php

any help appreciated.
cheers

Last edited by DUB32R; 01-07-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I look at my Quadratec Essential's mag every day and I really like the "Olympic Rear Smuggler Winch Bumper with tire carrier" that is on page 148. it covers the tires and TBH the fold down tire carrier looks bad @$$ I also like AEV's Bumper with tire carrier because it swings with the rear door. They both cover the back tires and will keep the cops off your tail. For me I want a rear winch bad so I'm covered on both ends.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

thanks.. like the olympic however not a fan of the winch fitment as i see no need.

AEV is also okay however think it looks a little funny with the tubes on the sides..

Last edited by DUB32R; 01-07-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Rampage is also a massive bumper that covers the rear tires. The problem is I dont think they offer a tire carrier for the JK's if they do its not in the quadratech mag. I like this one because of the bumper lights. Anyone running a rear Rampage with tire carrier?
Old 01-07-2013, 03:43 PM
JK Newbie

I had the same problem on this decision, i went with the Expedition One trail series rear bumper. A single handed rear door was a must for me, also the departure angle on this thing is amazing.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Croped DSCN1656.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	406874
Old 01-07-2013, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the look of Expedition One as well but if you want to run Gerry Cans they don't make a mount for them. Look at LOD as an alternate option and talk with Dave and the guys up at Northridge.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Expedition One has carriers/brackets for Rotopax cans on the way. Give them a call, very helpful

Quick Reply: MY13 JKU - Rear Bumper advuce