Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My wife told me to!

Old 12-11-2010, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Enzo
stop its a wrangler, no matter what you do , it will not get quieter . ever been in a heavy rain storm, the hard top is a drum. thats the reason the sound is nice , loud and clear.
the only thing I can think of is that you'v already lined the interior tub: how about spraying the underside with some heavy undercoating? I know the noise cancelling properties have been debated for years, but: it's an option to tell your wife. Other than that, I mean it's a wrangler, there is only so much dynomat that can be installed! She needs to realize it's got a large V8, and it it'sn going to be as quit as a .. (whatever type of vehicle she drives). Furthermore, wranglers are never going to be completely quiet by nature! Folks always love how quiet my soft top is- until I hit 70! haha. Then I always tell em that's why the doors are usually off!
Old 12-11-2010, 08:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get a new wife
Old 12-11-2010, 08:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tgoods 09 X
Earplugs
I think this is the best you can get. give her a quality set of earplugs, and you can make all noise you want. also consider a louder stereo system.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CAOKKIE
I would just put a muzzle on my wife.
i'm guessing she doesn't read this site!
Old 12-11-2010, 08:23 PM
JK Super Freak

marry Helen Keller, that way she cant talk shit, nor hear yours
Old 12-11-2010, 09:53 PM
JK Freak

Hook up a trailer with a comfy couch and problem solved..
Old 12-11-2010, 10:10 PM
JK Newbie

My wife loves our Wrangler, but complains bout the height and how hard it is to park etc. Solution: bought the wife her own car! Easy. Now the Jeep is mine! Yeah!!
Old 12-12-2010, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Your whole problem is because your exhaust just has a down spout in front of the rear axle. If your exhaust had a tail pipe it would be a lot less noisy. I have a 07 426 Hemi JKU with the EVO front and rear coil overs and the whole problem is the rear won't let you run a tailpipe. Maybe try and run a pipe out the side in front of the axle. You will loose ground clearance but hopefully it will help with the exhaust noise. Keep us informed how it turns out. My '11 JKU with a Hemi and teraflex long arm kit allows for a tailpipe and is a LOT less noisy.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AZ_JK
Your whole problem is because your exhaust just has a down spout in front of the rear axle. If your exhaust had a tail pipe it would be a lot less noisy. I have a 07 426 Hemi JKU with the EVO front and rear coil overs and the whole problem is the rear won't let you run a tailpipe. Maybe try and run a pipe out the side in front of the axle. You will loose ground clearance but hopefully it will help with the exhaust noise. Keep us informed how it turns out. My '11 JKU with a Hemi and teraflex long arm kit allows for a tailpipe and is a LOT less noisy.
This man wins.....dump the exhaust out the back and it will be light years different.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What are you thinking of doing to "dress up" the interior?

Not very much you can do besides keep it clean and maybe get an armrest pad or interior handle covers unless you have some custom seat covers made

Quick Reply: My wife told me to!