Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My wife told me to!

Old 12-11-2010, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My wife told me to!

She has decided that she really likes the Jeep, but she's requested 2 things.

1. Try to figure out how to make it a little more quiet (engine/exhaust noise) with the hardtop off and with the soft top on.

2. Maybe make the interior a little nicer.

I've got top of the line Recaro seats. They're fine. I probably need to get some seat covers because the entire interior is covered with dog hair, heh.

Short of sending it to COP4x4, has anyone dressed up their interior?

As far as noise, I've lined the interior with Dynamat and Dynaliner. Now the carpet doesn't fit too well, but that helped a lot. I feel like I need to go to the underside of the Jeep and do something.

I feel like I need to do a little better job on the exhause pipes and the cover the bottom of the Jeep to minimize the noise trasfer from the bottom.

Also, I'd like to get rid of the carpet in the Jeep and put in something else like some type of a rubber liner. I don't want to do a spray in bedliner since I have the Dynamat in the Jeep, but DynaDeck looks promising. Anyone have any expirience with anything used in conjunction with the DynaMat?

Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 12-11-2010, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by panhndl
She has decided that she really likes the Jeep, but she's requested 2 things.

1. Try to figure out how to make it a little more quiet (engine/exhaust noise) with the hardtop off and with the soft top on.

2. Maybe make the interior a little nicer.

I've got top of the line Recaro seats. They're fine. I probably need to get some seat covers because the entire interior is covered with dog hair, heh.

Short of sending it to COP4x4, has anyone dressed up their interior?

As far as noise, I've lined the interior with Dynamat and Dynaliner. Now the carpet doesn't fit too well, but that helped a lot. I feel like I need to go to the underside of the Jeep and do something.

I feel like I need to do a little better job on the exhause pipes and the cover the bottom of the Jeep to minimize the noise trasfer from the bottom.

Also, I'd like to get rid of the carpet in the Jeep and put in something else like some type of a rubber liner. I don't want to do a spray in bedliner since I have the Dynamat in the Jeep, but DynaDeck looks promising. Anyone have any expirience with anything used in conjunction with the DynaMat?

Any help would be great. Thanks
Dude you've got a hemi...those aren't made to be quiet but good luck with that .
Old 12-11-2010, 12:00 PM
JK Newbie

heh, I think the noise has as much to do with exhaust routing as anything. Need to figure out if there is anything I can put on the underside to quiet things down.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

My stock 3.8 is super quiet. So we should trade to fix your "problem".
Old 12-11-2010, 12:09 PM
JK Freak

Default The cheapest solution.

I would just put a muzzle on my wife.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What muffler(s) are you running?
Old 12-11-2010, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

Earplugs
Old 12-11-2010, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Make her walk!
Old 12-11-2010, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

All very good suggestions so far...lol
Old 12-11-2010, 07:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stop its a wrangler, no matter what you do , it will not get quieter . ever been in a heavy rain storm, the hard top is a drum. thats the reason the sound is nice , loud and clear.

Quick Reply: My wife told me to!