Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My thoughts on lifts

Old 10-28-2014, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kaylin_darling
I have a Rubicon Express 2.5" bb suspension lift and love it! I'm running 33x11.50" Terra grappler Nitto tires and love the way my jeep turned out! Perfect for every day driving and occasional fun heres the link to the lift >> Rubicon Express 2.5" Budget Boost Suspension System | Jeep Parts and Accessories | Quadratec

Attachment 581946

Attachment 581947
Nice looking Jeep! That's the lift/size I'm looking for, but I heard that the coils are a bit soft. I don't want it to sag if I put on some new bumpers.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WPBJEEP
Nice looking Jeep! That's the lift/size I'm looking for, but I heard that the coils are a bit soft. I don't want it to sag if I put on some new bumpers.
Thanks! I haven't heard that about the coils. I did my research (like obsessed over it haha) before doing anything to mine and the guy that did all of my installations is a family friend who works at a dealership and does installs on jeeps and trucks and he didn't see anything wrong with me changing out my bumpers or anything else I want to do. You don't want to have coils that are too stiff or your ride will be rough and stiff. Whenever my lift came, I was highly impressed with how sturdy the coils were. I am extremely pleased with my jeep (after a year of doing research and stressing over it)
Old 10-30-2014, 09:00 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you for this information... I spent a bunch of time thinking about lifts. I was actually only looking to upgrade my shocks from the crappy stock shocks and get better handling on the trails but then got sucked into lifts and tires. I finally settled on a 2" Mopar lift with wheel adapter and 34" tires. For what I do it is plenty. Definitely a part timer off road.

Again... thanks for this info and I am glad to see a lift post that doesn't get into cost or warranty buy the 3rd reply
Old 10-30-2014, 11:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kaylin_darling
Thanks! I haven't heard that about the coils. I did my research (like obsessed over it haha) before doing anything to mine and the guy that did all of my installations is a family friend who works at a dealership and does installs on jeeps and trucks and he didn't see anything wrong with me changing out my bumpers or anything else I want to do. You don't want to have coils that are too stiff or your ride will be rough and stiff. Whenever my lift came, I was highly impressed with how sturdy the coils were. I am extremely pleased with my jeep (after a year of doing research and stressing over it)
That's great to hear! I have been doing the same when it comes to researching lifts. I just need to jump and get this done before winter hits here in FL. HA!
Old 11-01-2014, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

Excellent! Thanks for the lesson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2014, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

Found this article by chance while researching winches. I had to read it sooner or later, thank you for the information.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:25 PM
JK Newbie

Mc 2.5 dual rate arb lift and 35s here and the lift has been more than superb.

Buy once cry once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2014, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stephane87
I finally took of the Daystars 0.75" coil spacers (all around) and put Daystars 1.75" coil spacers (all around). Didn't have to change anything else for now but will put JKS quick disco next. Thanks a lot for the help on this thread

First pic is 0.75" (33" tires) and second is 1.75" (33" tires)

I want your .75 Coil spacers.

Ernie
Old 11-16-2014, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman

Tires are going to gain you the most in the off road capabilities, followed by gears, and lockers. Lifts imo are just adjustments so that you can properly run bigger tires.
So from reading what dirtman originally said (3 times to understand it lol), I should get 35s, gear up and get lockers to improve my off-roading? In that order..

I have a 2.5 inch lift with 33s and stock gears in an auto 08 Sahara.

Basically I just want to improve my rig the right way, its my DD but have started going to the trails every weekend (nothing to crazy) have done flat fenders, bumpers all that stuff. Now time to improve my drive line.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:54 PM
JK Newbie

Just came across this thread today. Great info. Thanks for writing this up! Subscribed!

Quick Reply: My thoughts on lifts