Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My thoughts on lifts

Old 05-23-2014, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. Can you pm me some info on it rancho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2014, 02:37 PM
JK Newbie

I read the write up and most but not all of the replies. I was going to get the 4" mopar lift and I know it's more expensive and is rebranded from the real manufacture. But my dealer says as long as its mopar it won't void my factory warranty. anyway after reading your very informative write up I am now leaning towards a 2" lift for a 2014 JKUR that I want to put 35s on. My question that I can't seem to clarify by reading here is will I need to cut the pinch seams for 35" tires with a 2" lift? I have no plans of rock crawling I live in NJ, so pine barrens, Beach maybe some washouts.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:04 PM
BCT
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 420Welder
I read the write up and most but not all of the replies. I was going to get the 4" mopar lift and I know it's more expensive and is rebranded from the real manufacture. But my dealer says as long as its mopar it won't void my factory warranty. anyway after reading your very informative write up I am now leaning towards a 2" lift for a 2014 JKUR that I want to put 35s on. My question that I can't seem to clarify by reading here is will I need to cut the pinch seams for 35" tires with a 2" lift? I have no plans of rock crawling I live in NJ, so pine barrens, Beach maybe some washouts.
If you have a 2014 the pinch seam should be trimmed on an angle from the factory already. Mine was. Here is my JKURX with AEV 2.5 with 35s for reference. Good luck. Perfect height and stance IMO
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3936028535.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	556145   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-742398301.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	556146   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4232685277.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	556147  
Old 05-28-2014, 03:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BCT
If you have a 2014 the pinch seam should be trimmed on an angle from the factory already. Mine was. Here is my JKURX with AEV 2.5 with 35s for reference. Good luck. Perfect height and stance IMO
Thanks for the reply that settles it for me your rig looks awesome. Who makes the steps you have? My signature is not showing up but I am waiting for an JKURX with an estimated delivery of 6/9/14
Old 05-28-2014, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the reply that settles it for me your rig looks awesome. Who makes the steps you have? My signature is not showing up but I am waiting for an JKURX with an estimated delivery of 6/9/14
Now my Signature is showing
Old 05-28-2014, 04:55 PM
BCT
JK Newbie

Your gonna love the X! NFAB nerf bars with steps. Not really for rock crawling... But I don't do that. I really like the look

http://m.quadratec.com/products/prod...=72702+9003+07

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 05-30-2014, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

Ok, I've been creeping on this board for over a month now since purchasing my JK.
I actually read all 41 pages of this thread tonight...I felt like I needed to register just to say THANK YOU DIRTMAN! and Planman!
My Quadratech wish list and future wheel/tire plans will be changing drastically.

And what was up with that Mike guy?!?!?!?!
Old 05-30-2014, 08:06 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by figspice
Ok, I've been creeping on this board for over a month now since purchasing my JK.
I actually read all 41 pages of this thread tonight...I felt like I needed to register just to say THANK YOU DIRTMAN! and Planman!
My Quadratech wish list and future wheel/tire plans will be changing drastically.

You can learn a LOT from the archives here...

Also check out various vendors...

The Northridge folks give a discount to forum members, I forget the details

Off-road Elements are good people too!

I don't have kids, so instead all my money goes to Northridge, but other than a snorkel my JK is pretty much as far as I can see taking it...

Matthew
Old 05-30-2014, 08:10 PM
JK Junkie

Welcome to the club!

Anything the dealer says GET IT IN WRITING, if your in New Jersey you should check out Rausch Creek for off-road experiences
Old 05-30-2014, 08:19 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by figspice

Welcome to the forum. Hows the humidity? I will be in Champaing, IL next weekend.

Quick Reply: My thoughts on lifts