Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My Superchip milage.... FAIL!

Old 06-07-2011, 12:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the other settings and the other features of the superchip?

I get better gas mileage with the 87 performance Tune than w/ the MileageX.

If you got the superchip just to improve gas mileage you are missing something -
Old 06-07-2011, 01:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RevyJKU08
Tow Tune - that is where I get my best mileage & no pinging.

With your pinging issues....check your throttle body, it could be carboned up spray some seafoam deep clean in the throttle body. Also, Run a can of Seafoam in your tank, and use 1/2 bottle through your brake booster vacuum line to clean out your injectors. Then run a tank of 91 Octane to clean out your fuel system and see how that helps with the pinging.

If it still pings call Superchips to work with you on the pinging issues or look at switching out your knock sensor.
Why is the tow tune the best? I honestly dont know. Does it give u better acceleration? And if so r all the other gears 2,3&4 give more umpff?
Old 06-07-2011, 01:10 PM
JK Freak

More torque and different shifting (if AutoMatic)
Old 06-07-2011, 01:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tuto
More torque and different shifting (if AutoMatic)
Does it hurt ur gas milage at all?
Old 06-07-2011, 01:21 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Originally Posted by mad_philosopher
So few months back after getting some 35"s i decided to get supercip flash pack. I was on the fence between this and for less than half the price, the AEV procal.
but..... I bought superchip for its added performance features.
I used the milageX setting that is suppose to increase MPG. After adding 35's i figure if i got back close to stock MPG i would be satisified.
After few tanks of gas seemed to not help at ALL!
So i decided to test it. Set it back to stock and just change my tire size, then filled the gas tank. I got 312 miles on my MTR's with kevlar that measure 34.5" on my wheels. I actually ran it until i literally ran out of gas as i have a rear gas can mount. Then i filled it back up and changed from stock to MilageX performance setting with tire size set as well.
Results?! 300 miles before i ran out of gas.
Conclusion = Superchip Flashpaq is NOT worth the extra money!
I lost 12 miles and spent extra $200! FAIL!
And since MilageX doesn't work i would doubt any of the other performance setting work either. Most of them just make my engine ping something awfull.

Save your money and get AEV procal or something in that price range.....
~Mad P
Love my Flashpaq,set at 87 performance,i get avg.200 mi at half a tank,which works out to 400 mi per tank.If you guys have a heavy foot,this won't help.Avg speed 60mph
Old 06-07-2011, 01:24 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bingbola
Why is the tow tune the best? I honestly dont know. Does it give u better acceleration? And if so r all the other gears 2,3&4 give more umpff?
If you want a good combination of power & mileage I found the tow tune the best overall using 87 Octane. I have tried Mileage, 87 & 89 Tune and the TOW tune always got me better mileage with my 6spd/3:73 with 33's. I found the tow & 87 acceleration were identical to be honest not much difference...but 89 did have a little more jam at highway speeds climbing mountain passes.

If you have an auto, the tow tune should hold your lower gear longer for climbing, hauling and driving around town. That is what my Edge Juice on my Diesel does with my CTD automatic it holds the lower gear much longer so you don't get constant shifting and overheating your tranny.

Last edited by RevyJKU08; 06-07-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by familytime
Love my Flashpaq,set at 87 performance,i get avg.200 mi at half a tank,which works out to 400 mi per tank.If you guys have a heavy foot,this won't help.Avg speed 60mph
That may be a false reading. I am sure many here can attest to this. I get about 200 at the half tank mark too BUT only about 100-115 on the second half resulting in 300-315. It happens every tank. Run the full tank and notice how the second half goes by a lot faster
Old 06-07-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Super Freak

I feel like after I got my superchip and 35s I get just as good mileage as stock..
Old 06-07-2011, 01:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mad_philosopher

Save your money and get AEV procal or something in that price range.....
~Mad P
You don't like the Superchips, fair enough...have you actually tried the AEV?
Old 06-07-2011, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wartoy
I feel like after I got my superchip and 35s I get just as good mileage as stock..
x 2 and it has a little more get up and go then it did stock. (running 87 performance Tune)

Quick Reply: My Superchip milage.... FAIL!