Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My Sprintex Super Charger install thread for my Jeep JK 3,8 l..., Under $3995.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sneck
Hey, so who is doing your install, and has sprintex done any installs of these yet, or are you going to be one of the first live installs? the updates on this should be good!

My boys and I will do the install...... we build our own engines and build/fab all our own stuff,,,,, so this should be pretty easy,,,, just a few brackets, pulleys and and intake.... no sweat.....

yes, they have had a few at Hypertech for mapping.... and a few I understand ready for the moad show.....but yea...i am one of the first!
Old 04-02-2012, 03:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
I'm curious about the rear wheel HP and torque numbers before and after. I bet a JK is in the 160 HP range at the rear wheel, maybe less with an auto, before the SC install.

Again, I didn't see any concrete number claims. Also, is premium fuel required? Is there a mileage improvement? Toyota SC's improve mileage but require at least mid-grade fuel.

I'm getting decent mileage currently. Since I have a manual a hemi swap won't include the MDS - so I wouldn't get the 20MPG some people have been saying. Also, the swap is about $10K. Under $4K looks like a fun project!
Where can you find a hemi swap for 10k!!???? Hahha
Old 04-02-2012, 07:10 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jknit

If you do it yourself, you can get it done for the cost of parts and hemi. Parts is 3-5k and hemi is however much you pay for it. Whether it comes from your own vehicle or you buy one.

There is a guy on here that did a Hemi swap for $6500. Search him up.

Labor is what kills you. Many people pay 5k for hemi, 5k for kit, then 5k to have someone else do the work.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OutlawJK
Something screwy about this pic
Not a 3.6 for sure

Sent from my iPhone
I believe that's becuuse the SC is made for the 3.8, not the '12 3.6..
Old 04-02-2012, 08:12 AM
JK Junkie

$10K total depends on the price you are able to get the donor motor for + me using the existing manual tranny rather than the engine/tranny combo (the VVT motor requires this from what I read).

$13K is a safe price at the Jeepspeed shop here in CA.

The install kit is right at $5K + the motor (I found a 2009 motor with 26K miles for 1900). That's 6900 + labor to install (about 4K), or right around 7K if you do it yourself.

MOPAR will begin offering their hemi conversion kit this year at Moab from what I've heard.

Sorry, but the days of 23K for a hemi install (like my TJ) are in the past!

My friend completed his 5.7 Hemi install last week. It was $5K for the kit, $4900 for the motor/tranny combo (a 2012 VVT motor with 16 miles on it!), plus rush OT labor. Hahha?
Old 04-02-2012, 08:13 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Delux2769
If you do it yourself, you can get it done for the cost of parts and hemi. Parts is 3-5k and hemi is however much you pay for it. Whether it comes from your own vehicle or you buy one.

There is a guy on here that did a Hemi swap for $6500. Search him up.

Labor is what kills you. Many people pay 5k for hemi, 5k for kit, then 5k to have someone else do the work.
I agree, and have seen it as well. My problem is that it would take me 4 months to do the swap and I don't want my jeep down that long.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:45 PM
JK Freak

Try jeep speed shop
Old 04-04-2012, 06:35 AM
JK Freak

it would be nice if boostec became a vendor here to support their product. without any representation on message boards its hard for people to want to buy and use their products.

that said, im interested in this as well. boost at lower rpms are always good!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Heavy_D
From Colorado and didn't know what MOAB was? I call shenanigans.
Yeah I know. I left there when I was 18 to join the Navy and got stuck in Virginia Anyway, I know that now and can't wait to test it out when we finally move back that way
Old 04-05-2012, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by damon.l
it would be nice if boostec became a vendor here to support their product. without any representation on message boards its hard for people to want to buy and use their products.

that said, im interested in this as well. boost at lower rpms are always good!

i agree 100%.... that way I would not have caught so much sh**

o well...... its bee interesting.... still waiting for my ups....
p

Quick Reply: My Sprintex Super Charger install thread for my Jeep JK 3,8 l..., Under $3995.