Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My Sprintex Super Charger install thread for my Jeep JK 3,8 l..., Under $3995.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm curious about the rear wheel HP and torque numbers before and after. I bet a JK is in the 160 HP range at the rear wheel, maybe less with an auto, before the SC install.

Again, I didn't see any concrete number claims. Also, is premium fuel required? Is there a mileage improvement? Toyota SC's improve mileage but require at least mid-grade fuel.

I'm getting decent mileage currently. Since I have a manual a hemi swap won't include the MDS - so I wouldn't get the 20MPG some people have been saying. Also, the swap is about $10K. Under $4K looks like a fun project!
Old 02-23-2012, 04:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pauldana

3. I agree!!! and i cant wait till i get it so i can start!!!

2. excited as heck!!

1. Thx!!! 3-4 weeks out!

Here is the information that Sprintex emailed me, this is there distributor, it is a cut and past from my email:

Hi Paul, Thank you for your enquiry. Our US dealer is Boostec US. They will be able to supply the JK kit when available. www.boostecus.com info@boostecus.com Please let me know if you need further info. Regards Mark Ambrosius Sales Co-ordinator SPRINTEX SUPERCHARGERSSPRINTEX LIMITEDP: +61 8 9262 7277 M: 0426 257 621F: +61 8 9262 7288P: PO Box 3348, Malaga WA 6945E: marka@sprintex.com.auW: www.sprintex.com.au https://www.facebook.com/sprintex.superchargers http://www.youtube.com/user/sprintexautomotive
Glad you'll be the test subject for .. At 4 grand I'm in unless your jeep does this......them I'm out.... Good luck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-523526880.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	281482  
Old 02-24-2012, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default I'm in

I cannot wait to see and hear how this works out. I am also curious what the MPG will be. Thank you for the test-bed write-up and install knowledge.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
1. I'm curious about the rear wheel HP and torque numbers before and after. I bet a JK is in the 160 HP range at the rear wheel, maybe less with an auto, before the SC install.

Again, I didn't see any concrete number claims. Also, is premium fuel required?
2. Is there a mileage improvement? Toyota SC's improve mileage but require at least mid-grade fuel.

I'm getting decent mileage currently. Since I have a manual a hemi swap won't include the MDS - so I wouldn't get the 20MPG some people have been saying. Also, the swap is about $10K. Under $4K looks like a fun project!
1. i am VERY courious about this also!! more so the tq. and when it arrives at what RPM
2. MPG.... have no idea,,, but i am hoping for an improvment....

Originally Posted by FrankCastle01
Glad you'll be the test subject for .. At 4 grand I'm in unless your jeep does this......them I'm out.... Good luck
i hope that does not happen!!!

Originally Posted by Jeep_in
I cannot wait to see and hear how this works out. I am also curious what the MPG will be. Thank you for the test-bed write-up and install knowledge.
Thank you, and your welcome.... 3-4 weeks out!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2012, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pauldana
1. i am VERY courious about this also!! more so the tq. and when it arrives at what RPM
2. MPG.... have no idea,,, but i am hoping for an improvment....

i hope that does not happen!!!

Thank you, and your welcome.... 3-4 weeks out!!!!!!
I can't wait either!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

subscribed....currently running a Ripp.....I too would like to see the results.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Willybugman
subscribed....currently running a Ripp.....I too would like to see the results.
I am anxious to see the results as well although I am pretty much sold on to getting a RIPP supercharger
Old 03-12-2012, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

SS.

I love roots blowers.... Low end torque is awesome.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Talked to a guy named Rick at Boostech and he is the distributor.... says I should have mine by the end of the month still..... can't wait....AAAAAAGGHHHHhhhhh!!!!

on another note, I have been looking/monitoring my rpm in daly driving and where i wish i had more power.... my rpm's run in the 1500-3000 range 80% of the time... when crossing a road that i have to punch it to get across from on coming traffic, power doesn't even start until half way across the road... this is in the 2000 rpm range... so i most definitely want power down at 1500.... this is where i think i will love my sprintex, and something a vortex style blower can't do....
Old 03-22-2012, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Very interested as well.

Quick Reply: My Sprintex Super Charger install thread for my Jeep JK 3,8 l..., Under $3995.