Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My Sprintex Super Charger install thread for my Jeep JK 3,8 l..., Under $3995.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley

$3995 it's in the title of the thread
Doooahhhh!!!!! Haha thanks!
Old 02-12-2012, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Krynn

2011's have an encrypted ECU. As far as I know, nobody has managed to crack it yet. Ripp is getting around that problem with a piggyback module, but from what I understand, Hypertech and Sprintex don't want to go that route.

Good luck with the install, Paul!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes... I guess I'd better start saving my pennies now in case it's good news.
Yes I know the encryption issue, that is why I asked the question. Although prodigy performance turbo kit works with the 2011's and they use a stand along programmer not a piggyback system. So it is possible....
Old 02-12-2012, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is going to be fun! you guys are correct about the new ECU coed problems... that will be interesting to see how it develops.

Originally Posted by Zombie Hunter
Will keep an eye on your progress. Please document for the rest of us.
I will document EVERYTHING...including the good, bad and the ugly...... But im hoping for all good!! :-)

Originally Posted by ninjajmoney
That is f'in sweet
I agree!

Originally Posted by CreepJeep
I can't wait to hear the results of that dyno test.
Im excited about this as well... I will do the first one just before i receive the unit, the second within 2-3 weeks after install.

This will be the proof one way or the other....
Old 02-12-2012, 10:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just remember Jk- forums adopted motto,

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Krynn
Good luck with the install, Paul!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes... I guess I'd better start saving my pennies now in case it's good news.
Originally Posted by zstairlessone
First thread 'm subscribing to...
Can't wait to see how it goes
Originally Posted by NH-JK
Just remember Jk- forums adopted motto,

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!
3. I agree!!! and i cant wait till i get it so i can start!!!

2. excited as heck!!

1. Thx!!! 3-4 weeks out!

Here is the information that Sprintex emailed me, this is there distributor, it is a cut and past from my email:

Hi Paul, Thank you for your enquiry. Our US dealer is Boostec US. They will be able to supply the JK kit when available. w ww.boostecus.com Please let me know if you need further info. Regards Mark Ambrosius Sales Co-ordinator SPRINTEX SUPERCHARGERSSPRINTEX LIMITEDP: http://www.youtube.com/user/sprintexautomotive

Last edited by Robar; 02-23-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Please do not post clickable non-sponsor links or contact info
Old 02-23-2012, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

Subscribing too.

FWIW, a buddy got the RIPP a little while ago, and reportedly had terrible customer service from them in trying to get it tuned properly. Yeah its double hearsay, but I'm just sayin'.. Just checking out the options.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looking forward to your install. I saw this supercharger in their booth at SEMA and it looked like a clean install.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:48 AM
JK Freak

Subscribed as well!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

How many lbs of boost is it supposed to give? And idea on horsepower and torque claims?
Old 02-23-2012, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
How many lbs of boost is it supposed to give? And idea on horsepower and torque claims?
From Their website:

Available in spring 2012 is the Sprintex Jeep JK supercharger system for the '07-'10 Jeep 3.8L v6 engines. These first generation v6 Jeeps only make 210hp compared to the 280hp Pentastar v6. Our goal with this kit was to equal the performance numbers of the newer Jeep engines. This system features the same Sprintex S5-210 featured in the 4.0L Jeep supercharger systems. Boost pressure is a conservative 7psi with larger injectors and a Hypertech reflash for a true plug and play installation. MSRP $3995.

Quick Reply: My Sprintex Super Charger install thread for my Jeep JK 3,8 l..., Under $3995.