Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My Sprintex Super Charger install thread for my Jeep JK 3,8 l..., Under $3995.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pauldana
Sorry i was gone so long.... after all the family stuff..., and to be honest the naysayers or trolls... i kind of lost interest, but I think it only fair to give an update of my findings.....

at the bottom!!!

It runs GREAT... it has been amazing. Had 2 problems, the tune was bad when i got mine... but has been fixed. and i was only boosting 2.5psi but that was fixed with an adjustment on the blowoff... it is an amazing unit... more down below...

just has more zipp... more go... love it... cruses up grade perfect, down grade perfect.... but on level grade goes up and down ~2mph.... not perfect, but not a problem ether.

was told the intercooler will be here at the end of year... already placed my order!!!!!

being it is a positive displacement twin screw unit,,, im been running it out here in the desert at 110*+ at not a problem...

ok, my take on the whole thing.... my son wanted to give me a race in his 2003 gmc truck with V8 5.3L vortec so, we were at a light...and we hit it.... well.... i could not beat him.. from 0-80 he had me by 1, yes..one, whole car length. I was surprised how well i did... but that was before i turned up the boost from 2.5psi to 4-5 psi..... i could beat him now!!!! i can chirp the tires around any corner, it jumps off the line like a medium size V8, passes on the freeway with a breeze, it got power... it is a pleasure to drive. very responsive, very linear, very well built. drove a new 2012 a few days ago... my 2010 will flat out smoke it.

thank you for all that supported me....

GREAT - thanks for the update!! I'm looking forward to seeing this thing running around town now
Old 09-15-2012, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all

Never posted before been an Aussie member for a couple of years .

Just wanted to say thanks to pauldana for sharing his advice and information over the phone from the U.S
I was having this kit installed in Australia but was having tuning problems , I have a 2010 unlimited auto sport 37 inch tyres 4.5" aev and 4.88 gears . Long story short the transformation of my jeep has been incredible it pulls away instantly at the lights and is great at highway speeds I can sit on 110 kmh just slightly press the accelerator and it responds instantly , after the last tune was installed I felt the change immediately and it responded like it was factory fitted .

So thank you hypertech I know you guys where working hard with Tim from poly4x4 in Australia trying to get it sorted , and thanks pauldana I appreciated your willingness to share your thoughts and advice to a stranger from Australia

Regards Jason
Old 10-19-2012, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
I own a 2012 JKU and a supercharged 3.8
My 3.8 is a 2dr so weight is different. I have not drag raced the wife so I can only give a seat of the pants comparison but my 2007 SC JK pulls much harder through 3000-5000rpms. I know my 2007 can whip my 2012
I am glad you see this result! What SC are you using? I am not sure the marketing strategy stating that the power bonus of the Sprintex is comparable to that of an engine with less displacement. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...except for setting the expectation low...

I see Magnuson keeping the boost low too, I wonder if there is something we don't know about the 3.8 and a roots blower.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by storch
this kit was advertised as bringing up the power to equal the new 3.6 I would think that the supercharged 3.8 would kill the performance of a 3.6 since the low end torq should be way above.
this thing JUMPS off the line now... i tag V-8 trucks and SUV;s all the time... seriously, this jeep is quick. its fun to drive... yesterday a V-8 Titan tried 3 times, and lost each time... GREAT PRODUCT! I have a new Dynolishis I ran and will try and post this weekend... The SC cut 2 seconds off the 1/4 mile time.

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
I own a 2012 JKU and a supercharged 3.8
My 3.8 is a 2dr so weight is different. I have not drag raced the wife so I can only give a seat of the pants comparison but my 2007 SC JK pulls much harder through 3000-5000rpms. I know my 2007 can whip my 2012
yup.. i agree... this jeep can whip my dodge durango V-8 318

Originally Posted by Flog
Hi all

Never posted before been an Aussie member for a couple of years .

Just wanted to say thanks to pauldana for sharing his advice and information over the phone from the U.S
I was having this kit installed in Australia but was having tuning problems , I have a 2010 unlimited auto sport 37 inch tyres 4.5" aev and 4.88 gears . Long story short the transformation of my jeep has been incredible it pulls away instantly at the lights and is great at highway speeds I can sit on 110 kmh just slightly press the accelerator and it responds instantly , after the last tune was installed I felt the change immediately and it responded like it was factory fitted .

So thank you hypertech I know you guys where working hard with Tim from poly4x4 in Australia trying to get it sorted , and thanks pauldana I appreciated your willingness to share your thoughts and advice to a stranger from Australia

Regards Jason
Your welcome.... and it was really great talking to ya!

Originally Posted by nocoastfocus
I am glad you see this result! What SC are you using? I am not sure the marketing strategy stating that the power bonus of the Sprintex is comparable to that of an engine with less displacement. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...except for setting the expectation low...

I see Magnuson keeping the boost low too, I wonder if there is something we don't know about the 3.8 and a roots blower.
my understanding.... the new V-6, although smaller displacement, still develops more tq and hp... I have not raced a new one yet, I keep looking for one to shoot for... but it is hard for me to believe it will out preform this SC. Seriously, this thing moves. as far as the boost goes, yea... mine seems low, i put a boost gauge on it and i get 3-4psi with this pulley... but i have no complaints about power... so im leaving it as is.

Cant wait for the intercooler!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Magnuson boost is 4 psi except in top revs then it's 5.5 psi if I understood correctly...I bought the Magnuson simply because I got it at a great deal with Intercooler and I like the way it looks...I also regeared to 4:56 gears so mine is peppy as well...it will turn over the tires on dry pavement when taking off...just a chirp though thats it...installed mine to tow with...so if Magnuson is conservative it's great for me...they did a drive across the U.S. and tuned all the way on their Jeep, when they got through they sent me a new tune which is much better...
Old 10-19-2012, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LTZ470
Magnuson boost is 4 psi except in top revs then it's 5.5 psi if I understood correctly...I bought the Magnuson simply because I got it at a great deal with Intercooler and I like the way it looks...I also regeared to 4:56 gears so mine is peppy as well...it will turn over the tires on dry pavement when taking off...just a chirp though thats it...installed mine to tow with...so if Magnuson is conservative it's great for me...they did a drive across the U.S. and tuned all the way on their Jeep, when they got through they sent me a new tune which is much better...
is this the same as Sprintex?
Old 10-20-2012, 08:02 PM
JK Newbie

No it's different Paul but very similar...
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...ssions-235234/
Old 10-20-2012, 09:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Pre SC times:

0-10 MPH: 1.22 sec
0-20 MPH: 2.63 sec
0-30 MPH: 4.42 sec
0-40 MPH: 6.31 sec
0-50 MPH: 9.06 sec
0-60 MPH: 12.97 sec
0-70 MPH: 17.74 sec
Elapsed Time

60': 3.12 sec @ 21.8 MPH
330': 8.13 sec @ 46.5 MPH
1/8 mi: 12.36 sec @ 57.4 MPH
1000': 16.02 sec @ 66.2 MPH
1/4 mi: 19.14 sec @ 72.5 MPH
Miscellaneous

Max Speed: 72.8 MPH
Max Acceleration: 0.41 G's
Peak Horsepower: 123 HP

Generated by Dynolicious

Sent from my iPhone

Post SC times:

Jeep jk 2010
Oct 20, 2012, 12:51 PM
Acceleration
0-10 MPH: 1.32 sec
0-20 MPH: 2.57 sec
0-30 MPH: 4.20 sec
0-40 MPH: 5.95 sec
0-50 MPH: 8.16 sec
0-60 MPH: 10.75 sec
0-70 MPH: 13.60 sec
0-80 MPH: 16.75 sec
Elapsed Time
60': 3.17 sec @ 22.7 MPH
330': 7.97 sec @ 48.9 MPH
1/8 mi: 11.90 sec @ 63.4 MPH
1000': 15.19 sec @ 75.3 MPH
1/4 mi: 17.93 sec @ 83.1 MPH
Miscellaneous
Max Speed: 83.7 MPH
Max Acceleration: 0.43 G's
Peak Horsepower: 149 HP
Old 10-22-2012, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here is a crucial question I have not found an answer for through this post is do any of the sc's ripp,sprintex,mangnusen have any issues with passing emissions cause Im sure alot of people out there need to do that due to their jk's being daily drivers . Any input from anybody with any of the 3 sc's would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So all that for 26 whp? I don't see the cost to gain ratio

Quick Reply: My Sprintex Super Charger install thread for my Jeep JK 3,8 l..., Under $3995.