Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My Sprintex Super Charger install thread for my Jeep JK 3,8 l..., Under $3995.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry i was gone so long.... after all the family stuff..., and to be honest the naysayers or trolls... i kind of lost interest, but I think it only fair to give an update of my findings.....

Originally Posted by jkinportland
Any updates?
at the bottom!!!

Originally Posted by Colegrove03
1. So now that the supercharger has been on for a short time and wheeled a bit have you had any issues at all? My same supercharger just showed up today and are very excited about the added power and look forward to driving the jeep without struggle up hills. Not to mention the sick sound that that thing makes hope it's running good and any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated! Things to watch out for? Thanks again!
It runs GREAT... it has been amazing. Had 2 problems, the tune was bad when i got mine... but has been fixed. and i was only boosting 2.5psi but that was fixed with an adjustment on the blowoff... it is an amazing unit... more down below...

Originally Posted by Jeep_in
When you guys get the time, please let us know the behavior of the chargers. I am interested in the cruise controll and off road performance. Do they surge or nice even power curve? You guys take care and good luck!
just has more zipp... more go... love it... cruses up grade perfect, down grade perfect.... but on level grade goes up and down ~2mph.... not perfect, but not a problem ether.

Originally Posted by David M
I too am interested in more feed back from owners of these kits. Are either of you running the optional intercooler? Curious about longevity without one, the intercooler that is. I would assume the intake temps would be less than ideal. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks, David
was told the intercooler will be here at the end of year... already placed my order!!!!!

being it is a positive displacement twin screw unit,,, im been running it out here in the desert at 110*+ at not a problem...

ok, my take on the whole thing.... my son wanted to give me a race in his 2003 gmc truck with V8 5.3L vortec so, we were at a light...and we hit it.... well.... i could not beat him.. from 0-80 he had me by 1, yes..one, whole car length. I was surprised how well i did... but that was before i turned up the boost from 2.5psi to 4-5 psi..... i could beat him now!!!! i can chirp the tires around any corner, it jumps off the line like a medium size V8, passes on the freeway with a breeze, it got power... it is a pleasure to drive. very responsive, very linear, very well built. drove a new 2012 a few days ago... my 2010 will flat out smoke it.

thank you for all that supported me....
Old 07-26-2012, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the update...much appreciated!
Old 07-27-2012, 04:46 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the update. I do believe this will also be the kit I go with. Im sure that by the time I finish saving any updates needed should fixed and the intercooler will be out, from the sounds of things its not really needed, but I need to do my own research about that. Thanks again!!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey pauldana, thanks for the updates. Have you talked to them about the cruise or do you know if they are working on it. I am just so anal that I am afraid if it surges with the cruise that I will go insane. But I need something for power. Is the surge very noticeable? I like the price point on these s/c though.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4wheels4life
Hey pauldana, thanks for the updates. Have you talked to them about the cruise or do you know if they are working on it. I am just so anal that I am afraid if it surges with the cruise that I will go insane. But I need something for power. Is the surge very noticeable? I like the price point on these s/c though.

No I have not talked to them about it as of yet.. I think I will call monday though, and give an update about it. noticeable????? yea... like i said +_2mph only when on level run... i would say 2 times more noticeable than that of a standard V8 in cruse on the hwy. but for me it is tolerable ...
Old 07-28-2012, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was so considering doing this supercharger, I love root style superchargers. But I came across a hemi and tranny for $1,000.00 on Craigslist and decided to go that route instead. Yet and still this is an awesome supercharger and thanks for all the information and updates on your project.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo8.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	346787   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo7.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	346788   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo6.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	346789  
Old 07-29-2012, 05:25 AM
JK Freak

^^^In a sense, I guess you could say you got the extra Boost you were lookin for..lol^^^ nice find!!
Old 07-29-2012, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Philip *AZ*
^^^In a sense, I guess you could say you got the extra Boost you were lookin for..lol^^^ nice find!!
^^^^^^^^^LOL, yeah you could say that and then some!! !!!^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 07-29-2012, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default comparable acceleration to a new 3.6 or more like a 5.7

this kit was advertised as bringing up the power to equal the new 3.6 I would think that the supercharged 3.8 would kill the performance of a 3.6 since the low end torq should be way above.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by storch
this kit was advertised as bringing up the power to equal the new 3.6 I would think that the supercharged 3.8 would kill the performance of a 3.6 since the low end torq should be way above.
I own a 2012 JKU and a supercharged 3.8
My 3.8 is a 2dr so weight is different. I have not drag raced the wife so I can only give a seat of the pants comparison but my 2007 SC JK pulls much harder through 3000-5000rpms. I know my 2007 can whip my 2012

Quick Reply: My Sprintex Super Charger install thread for my Jeep JK 3,8 l..., Under $3995.