Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My Sprintex Super Charger install thread for my Jeep JK 3,8 l..., Under $3995.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pauldana
I just wanted to pop in and give an update.... again sorry i have been so slow to give results....I have gotten a half a dozen emails asking what has happened, so I will give you a brief run down of my life over the past 4 weeks... As some of you know I am a high school CTE teacher, and the last few weeks are very busy. Along with that my father in law was sent home to dye, he has 75% bone marrow cancer.... about that same time my mother (85yo) went in to the hospital....... and last weekend my little brother went in the hospital for CHF, and his hart is pumping at 20%...... if that was not tough enough I went through 5 days getting the tune fixed from Hypertech. They were there with me every step of the way... and they were closed Saturday Sunday and Monday for the holiday, that was 3 days right there.... Now I find my fuel system has a clogged fuel filter...if its not one thing in my life it seems its another.... i plan on replacing the fuel filter tomorrow, and then move forward.... Wife is flying out of state for 6 weeks, in 3 weeks, to see here mom and dad........ and is wanting a little more time with me also...im going as fast as i can peddle.

Hyprertech,which did the tune talked with me in-depth about this super charger, and they have commented that it is one of the best systems they have ever seen for this application and were very happy with there results... fwiw...
So sorry to hear about your circumstances. It looks like you've got a lot on your plate right now. Your family is in our prayers. Plus we have waited this long so its no big deal at this point! Keep pushing along. We'll wait patiently.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Absolutely - no rush. My brother in law was just diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer too, sucks. Good luck and hang in there
Old 06-15-2012, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Hey fellas, I have the RIPP SC on my jeep and love it, but Magnuson has a roots SC system that is looks to be pretty good too. If you are going to throw down this amount of Jack, get a RIPP or Magnuson, as they use Diablo tuning, tuning is the key.. Just my opinion, but the sprintex seems to have some issues with tuning from what I can tell
Old 06-19-2012, 06:33 PM
JK Freak

Pretty sure its a Sprintex thread not RIPP. Go play somewhere else. Im getting tired of thread crashers, I dont care how long RIPP has been out or any of their other crap. Boast it up, just not in this thread.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Philip *AZ*
Pretty sure its a Sprintex thread not RIPP. Go play somewhere else. Im getting tired of thread crashers, I dont care how long RIPP has been out or any of their other crap. Boast it up, just not in this thread.
Someone need some chocolate, lol JK bro
Old 06-28-2012, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Philip *AZ*
I agree, there seems to be a lot of RIPP trolls on the forums.

Anyways, looking good pauldana, let us know when you get the tuning figured out. I'd also like to know if Hypertech came out with any upgraded maps. I have one from early this year, but I haven't checked for updates.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any updates?
Old 07-02-2012, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

So now that the supercharger has been on for a short time and wheeled a bit have you had any issues at all? My same supercharger just showed up today and are very excited about the added power and look forward to driving the jeep without struggle up hills. Not to mention the sick sound that that thing makes hope it's running good and any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated! Things to watch out for? Thanks again!
Old 07-04-2012, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Couple of early questions

When you guys get the time, please let us know the behavior of the chargers. I am interested in the cruise controll and off road performance. Do they surge or nice even power curve? You guys take care and good luck!
Old 07-04-2012, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

I too am interested in more feed back from owners of these kits. Are either of you running the optional intercooler? Curious about longevity without one, the intercooler that is. I would assume the intake temps would be less than ideal. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks, David

Quick Reply: My Sprintex Super Charger install thread for my Jeep JK 3,8 l..., Under $3995.