Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My rear springs look Jacked-Up, this cant be right

Old 07-09-2012, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also It looks like your springs are still bowed. The jks perches are very nice, just remember the driver side one needs some modification to work with a tf relo bracket.
To set your shaft in line with the tcase u measure the angle as u have it on the bottom of the diff, and on the shaft its self. So if your diff is 11, the shaft might be more like 20 or something... Just adjust your upper arms till u got 1 degree difference..
And u can use a floor jack under the pinion to help rotate/set your angle.[/QUOTE]

Yes the springs are stil bowed, i dont have the JKS's yet, and my Upper Arms are stock, not adjustable. Should i get some of those too? Or should i shorten the LCA's? Currently they are at stock length, but they could be shortend about 1/2 inch.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RogueJKU77
Will the wedges work on the front springs? My passenger side coil looks a little bowed out. But the backs are fine.
You may have to front control arms adjusted wrong. If you are close to stock camber then the spring perches should be very close to horizontal. Are they bowed left to right? Could be track bar if so. Also look how your springs are sitting on the perches. The end of the spring may be shifting the coil around and you might just need to give it a twist.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBennett
another pic
Looks pretty good. Jack it up and check it at full droop to see that it isn't binding at the seal.

Last edited by bbrown626; 07-09-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:04 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also It looks like your springs are still bowed. The jks perches are very nice, just remember the driver side one needs some modification to work with a tf relo bracket.
To set your shaft in line with the tcase u measure the angle as u have it on the bottom of the diff, and on the shaft its self. So if your diff is 11, the shaft might be more like 20 or something... Just adjust your upper arms till u got 1 degree difference..
And u can use a floor jack under the pinion to help rotate/set your angle.
Yes the springs are stil bowed, i dont have the JKS's yet, and my Upper Arms are stock, not adjustable. Should i get some of those too? Or should i shorten the LCA's? Currently they are at stock length, but they could be shortend about 1/2 inch.[/QUOTE]

Well the best option if u can afford em is to get rear upper arms as u lengthen them to fix the pinion angle, where u would shorten the lowers..
Old 07-12-2012, 05:18 PM
JK Newbie

Ok, it will be a couple weeks before i can order the Rear Uppers, but the JKS spring perches are here, and i will install them monday and then post the new pix.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:25 PM
JK Jedi

Sounds good. Take pics and post them. Make sure u got a good grinder and a good wheel.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Any update on this so far? Pictures would be awesome when you are able.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:00 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry, i finally installed them and took some pictures, I still dont think my pinion angle is right. I set the front and rear to 6 caster, the front looks great, the rear looks terrible, it cant be right. Also it looks like i need to adjust my rear track bar or maybe the JKS perch needs moved out towards the wheel.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pinion angle 2.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	347909   Click image for larger version

Name:	pinion angle.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	347910   Click image for larger version

Name:	pinion angle 3.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	347911  
Old 07-30-2012, 09:18 PM
JK Newbie

Can anyone tell me if the jks perches will work with an AEV relocation bracket? Right now I'm speculating that the answer is no... but just want to make sure.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:23 AM
JK Jedi

Sorry, i finally installed them and took some pictures, I still dont think my pinion angle is right. I set the front and rear to 6 caster, the front looks great, the rear looks terrible, it cant be right. Also it looks like i need to adjust my rear track bar or maybe the JKS perch needs moved out towards the wheel.
U need to raise the rear pinion so it points at the transfer case. There should be no angle at the joint where the driveshaft bolts to the axle. U have to lengthen the upper arms to fix it. U want the same angle your shaft is at, on the pinion as well. Where u have the angle finder..

Quick Reply: My rear springs look Jacked-Up, this cant be right