Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My Plan.... Is it sound?

Old 10-01-2008, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Anhedrew
I would probably knock out the suspension in order. You kinda threw the bumpers in there between suspension parts. Either get the bumpers first or wait until you've got your suspension completed.

If it were me, I'd do all lift additions first, then tires, then bumpers. Just my .

x2
Old 10-01-2008, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tgrt
I know what you mean. I lived in Colorado for a few years. The ridiculously inflated housing prices were one of the reasons I moved from there.

The extra money is things like our tax refund and the stimulus rebate. Truth be told I'd still be waiting if it weren't for a windfall on property tax, because we have a new house that wasn' t on the land as of January 2007, so we got allot back that we had paid in through our mortgage escrow.
Nice... I'm jealous! We had to use the stimulus rebate to pay the hospital bill for our 3rd child.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ammonm
I had considered that, but I was under the impression that Currie's wouldn't work with only 2-3" of lift. Aren't they made for like 4"??? Please correct me if I'm wrong...
Call Currie and ask, but I don't know why they wouldn't work. I set mine to the stock length, as per the instructions, and they are great.

And also, I think someone was selling a set of Currie arms in the sale section. Might be too good to pass up!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by walker
Call Currie and ask, but I don't know why they wouldn't work. I set mine to the stock length, as per the instructions, and they are great.

And also, I think someone was selling a set of Currie arms in the sale section. Might be too good to pass up!
I'll have to take a look. Thanks!

I didn't know they could be set to the stock lengths..... Hmmm......
Old 10-01-2008, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll have to take a look. Thanks!

I didn't know they could be set to the stock lengths..... Hmmm......
They are not called "adjustable" control arms for nothing! They came out of the box within one turn of stock length.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

They are not called "adjustable" control arms for nothing! They came out of the box within one turn of stock length.
Yeah, I know they are adjustable, but I didn't know they would be adjustable all the way down to stock lengths.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, I know they are adjustable, but I didn't know they would be adjustable all the way down to stock lengths.

If you have the extra cash, you better scoop them up from Citmrun while he still has them. I haven't seen used Currie arms available.... ever.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you have the extra cash, you better scoop them up from Citmrun while he still has them. I haven't seen used Currie arms available.... ever.
I would LOVE to pick them up from him! Unfortunately I just don't have any $$ right now.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also, I was just planning on getting the lowers for now. The uppers weren't going to come until later.....

Hey, anyone have any winning lottery ticket numbers I could user?
Old 10-01-2008, 12:07 PM
JK Junkie

You can pick them up directly from Currie. I also really like the Clayton arms. They use the same joints, and have a lifetime warranty

Quick Reply: My Plan.... Is it sound?