Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My New Rubi Needs A Lift

Old 02-10-2008, 06:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New Rubi Needs A Lift

Well fellow JKers I picked up my brand new Silver Rubi yesterday and I still can't get the grin off my face......I think it's going to be there for awhile. I have been out of Jeeps for awhile and have a few questions. I am looking to go to 37" tires and I think I am going to need a 6" lift to fit them and not have to worry about rubbing at all. Any suggestions on a brand? I am also looking at the Nitto Mud Grapplers, is anyone one running these and if so how do you like them? Are they noisy on the freeway and how well do they wear? If there are any other Southern Alberta JKers out there let me know. Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Mark

PAIN OR DAMAGE DON'T END THE WORLD, OR DIS PARE OR F****N BEATINGS! THE WORLD ENDS WHEN YOUR DEAD. UNTIL THEN YOU GOT MORE PUNISHMENT INSTORE. STAND IT LIKE A MAN AND GIVE SOME BACK!

Last edited by doojer; 02-10-2008 at 11:17 AM. Reason: members found offensive
Old 02-10-2008, 06:58 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A 4.5 to 5" lift should be sufficient to clear 37".
Old 02-10-2008, 07:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark,
Give the "MODIFIED TECH FAQ - Answers to the Questions Every Newbie Has" section posted by WOL in the sticky. It has a lot of very good and specific information concerning all things MOD. Should help you focus your direction into lifts and Wheel/Tire direction.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:36 AM
JK Super Freak

4" superlift will clear 37's

but if 2 door need adj control arms if not you will burn out your cv joints on the drive shafts
Old 02-10-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mlevitt
If there are any other Southern Alberta JKers out there let me know.

Check out the "staging area" section of the forum. There are individual boards for separate regions. There are several pages for Canada, so you may find a few folks that are in your area.

Quick Reply: My New Rubi Needs A Lift