Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My Jk is pulling to the left

Old 12-17-2008, 10:42 AM
ZIG
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Jk is pulling to the left

07 Rubicon 4 door. I have a 3 1/2 Rubicon express super flex lift, high steer kit, Fox shock steering stabilizer and 35 x 12.5 tires. A had a local shop
align my front end, but i am still pulling to the left. The shop said to adjust my track
bar. Is this right? If so what is the correct way of measuring this?

Last edited by wayoflife; 12-17-2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: please refrain from posting content regarding blacklisted manufacturers
Old 12-17-2008, 10:51 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

how long have you had this setup on your jeep? if it's been a while, when did you first notice the pulling? have you tried checking the psi in your tires and/or rotating them? uneven tire pressure can result in pulling. also, if you've had this setup for a while, have you taken out your jeep and played with it hard? if so, could be you have bent your axle c a bit and this will give you some camber when there shouldn't be any. if you do have camber, that would explain the pulling. if all things are equal and you just got the lift installed, it is possible that your upper control arms aren't set correctly and this is effecting your caster. a little pull to the left is normal as your axle is set that way to help compensate for the crown in roads but too much pulling is definitly a problem with something being off and i doubt that it's your track bar.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:05 AM
JK Super Freak

If you feel that you have to struggle a bit to keep the jeep straight its most likely the Fox SS if you haven't tuned it yet. Remember it comes with 200PSI which may push your wheels left. This was something I first noticed when I had mine installed. You need to find someone who has a bleed gauge and adjust the PSI(nitrogen) in your SS. Don't try to do it with out the bleeder because you will lose all the nitrogen. It may be 200PSI, but in a very small amount of volume, so be careful. I learned this the hard way. As a matter of fact I'm still trying to find some one who can help me fine tune my SS. I'm so fed up that I'm about to swap it out for the stock SS in the mean time.

Yes WOL, I know, I shouldn't have changed it in the first place But as they say a hard head makes a soft ass.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:07 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by jayrav
If you feel that you have to struggle a bit to keep the jeep straight its most likely the Fox SS if you haven't tuned it yet. Remember it comes with 200PSI which may push your wheels left. This was something I first noticed when I had mine installed. You need to find someone who has a bleed gauge and adjust the PSI(nitrogen) in your SS. Don't try to do it with out the bleeder because you will lose all the nitrogen. It may be 200PSI, but in a very small amount of volume, so be careful. I learned this the hard way. As a matter of fact I'm still trying to find some one who can help me fine tune my SS. I'm so fed up that I'm about to swap it out for the stock SS in the mean time.

Yes WOL, I know, I shouldn't have changed it in the first place But as they say a hard head makes a soft ass.
LOL!!

seriously, i think you're right on this one and i totally missed the part where he mentioned having a fox ss. more than likely, this is his problem
Old 12-17-2008, 11:13 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZIG
07 Rubicon 4 door. I have a 3 1/2 Rubicon express super flex lift, high steer kit, Fox shock steering stabilizer and 35 x 12.5 tires. A had a local shop
align my front end, but i am still pulling to the left. The shop said to adjust my track
Take it back to the alignment shop - If it is pulling left than something is wrong. I would have them double check to make sure your caster, camber, and toe-in are all correct. If they are, then that ought to tell you that its either your SS, your trackbar, or your tires that are taking you the democratic direction.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:15 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by JackMac4
Take it back to the alignment shop - If it is pulling left than something is wrong. I would have them double check to make sure your caster, camber, and toe-in are all correct. If they are, then that ought to tell you that its either your SS, your trackbar, or your tires that are taking you the democratic direction.
LOL!! why not just pull the SS. if that fixes everything, you're done
Old 12-17-2008, 11:18 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
LOL!! why not just pull the SS. if that fixes everything, you're done
Good point! We gotta send him in circles first though, right?
Old 12-17-2008, 11:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZIG
It is your Fox Shox Steering Stabilizer. Mine does the same thing. A quote from a Fox supplier:
These dampers are gas pressureized and so will cause a vehicle with only one to drift slightly. You can minimize this affect by lowering the pressure in the shock. The 2.0 steering stabilizer from Fox Shocks is tunable.
If you want to test it out, de-pressurize your Fox Shox S.S. (let the gas out through the valve.) I have pressurized and de-pressurized mine, and have found that my local motorcycle shop (off-road type) can re-pressurize the Nitrogen in the Stabilizer (my local shop is about $15 (and even on a Sunday.))

I run mine at about 75 psi. It "pushes" to the left still at that psi.

Ty....
Old 12-17-2008, 11:39 AM
ZIG
JK Newbie

I had the lift installed roughly at 1,400 miles on the jeep. I have 19,560 on the jeep now. But this deer season went hunting and got to flex out to rig, but nothing that could bend my axle, at leased i hope not, but on the way back i got the death wobbles. I was told that my lower drag link was bad so i installed the high steer kit and Fox steering stabilizer. But with that kit is relocates the track bar. So when i installed this i had to adjust the track bar a little to get the bar back in place. I also had the tires balanced and rotated. This is when the problem with the steering happened. So i then had the front end aligned thinking that was the problem.

Tire pressure is all at 35 psi Pro Comp mud terrane I had checked that as well.

Last edited by wayoflifette; 12-17-2008 at 11:54 AM. Reason: blacklisted mention
Old 12-17-2008, 11:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ZIG
I had the lift installed roughly at 1,400 miles on the jeep. I have 19,560 on the jeep now. But this deer season went hunting and got to flex out to rig, but nothing that could bend my axle, at leased i hope not, but on the way back i got the death wobbles. I was told that my lower drag link was bad so i installed the high steer kit and Fox steering stabilizer. But with that kit is relocates the track bar. So when i installed this i had to adjust the track bar a little to get the bar back in place. I also had the tires balanced and rotated. This is when the problem with the steering happened. So i then had the front end aligned thinking that was the problem.

Tire pressure is all at 35 psi Pro Comp mud terrane I had checked that as well.
This has nothing to do with your problem, but your tire pressure is kind of high for 35" tires. Also, you can also try getting a road force balancing. Its more expensive though.

Quick Reply: My Jk is pulling to the left