Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My JK growls

Old 11-15-2006, 01:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My JK growls

Hey everybody its been a while but heres an update. Picked up my 2 door x about 2 weeks ago and have put 3000 miles on it already. I also had a true dual exhaust system run back into magnaflow performance mufflers out the back. I have pictures of all the piping work that my local exhaust shop rigged up for me. It sounds amazing. LOTS of grunt and low rumble without sounding like a ratty import car. ALMOST sounds like a V-8. That comes with a noticable increase in horsepower and torque. It runs a lot better now that it can breath halfway right. K&N intake is next while im waiting on my 3 in lift to come in. Like i said I have pictures of the exhaust system but it might take me a little bit to get em on here since i just moved to florida and dont have my own place yet. Still staying with a buddy and looking around. It sure is turning lots more heads though with all the growl.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:31 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey Eric, welcome back to the States! When you get a chance, please do post some pics as I'm sure we'd all love to see them.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:13 PM
JK Jedi Master

Id love to hear it!

On the my stock JK you can hear the growl..sounds mean!

its just a little muffled..
Old 11-25-2006, 01:04 AM
JK Newbie

Any update???
Old 11-25-2006, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

any chance of putting up a vid/soundclip too?
thanks! looking forward to seeing this, im sure i speak for many here!
Old 11-30-2006, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Well I just got the internet in my new apartment today. Sorry its been taking so damn long. I should have pictures up tomorrow. I've been running it for around a month now and am incredibly happy with the setup. Only thing is, im worrying if im stupid for doing that work to it now and not waiting till after i lifted it since they had to kinda snake the pipes around under there to make 2 mufflers fit. Northridge4x4.com is aparently shipping their ultimate 3 in lift out tomorrow so, we'll see soon enough. I'll work on getting a sound clip on here too.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

Default Pictures!

Finally got my camera and got the pictures off of it. Hopefully all these pic links will work. I hope im doing this right. All exhaust work was done at Custom Exhaust in Amarillo, Texas for a very nice price. Thanks guys.

Last edited by ericdewayne; 12-02-2006 at 02:26 PM. Reason: jacked up the pic links
Old 12-02-2006, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

looks like top notch work

i would have liked to have seen a crossover pipe somewhere, but the shop definitely did it right
Old 12-03-2006, 06:04 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm jealous!! How much did that run you?
Old 12-03-2006, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

it was about a month ago so i dont remember exact price but right around 450-500. I had to do something to it while waiting for my lift to come in. It was too much of a chick jeep with those horrible looking stock x wheels. It needing something to give it some balls.

Quick Reply: My JK growls