Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My impression of the EVO plush ride springs and Bilstein 5100's

Old 05-12-2016, 09:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
They are stiff no matter what. Guys who are saying they "ride great" are either self justifying wasting their money or delusional and have never ridden in a Jeep with soft shocks like OME's.
There is so much wrong with this I can't even begin. Lol

Anyways. It is all subjective to the driver as one person already said. And Bilsteins with one coil manufacturer isn't gojng to ride the same as a different coil manufacturer and so forth. "Ride great" is subjective to the individual and will include different factors as to what that means for that person.

I have ran Bilstein, fox and Teraflex with different combo of coils. The Bilsteins were much better with the Teraflex coils then stock TO ME. The Teraflex sucked. The fox were a little stiffer then bilstein with the Teraflex coils but I loved them with RK coils. It all depends on shock/coil combo and most importantly THE INDIVIDUAL.

Also can't fully use a stock jeep as a baseline unless your using your stock jeep as a baseline. In which case it doesn't matter what you have on your jeep you can use anything as a baseline. Jeeps have different options and different spring rates and all sorts of stuff that make them all ride different even stock.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I've just had education and experience in these types of areas. It's really basic Market research 101 stuff.

I was attempting to share that education/experience and gave some examples to assist in the understanding. You can take it or leave it. I know I'm not going to be able to teach a class on the subject in a forum discussion. The point really is that everyone should have a level of awareness to these types of subjective evaluations when reading through these posts. Like I previously described one person can evaluate the exact same setup/system and say it was the greatest setup they ever experienced. Another person can evaluate the exact same setup and say it's the worst setup/system they have ever experienced. Which then tends to lead to debated discussions/arguments between the two people. Who is wrong and who is right? They're actually both right, but then why are their viewpoints so drastically different when evaluating the same exact setup? According to you, it must be because the person is nuts or dumb. Where really, the difference is with each person's personal experience and previously established reference points at the time they did the evaluation. They've both done an A/B comparisons when evaluating the exact same setup and both are describing their experience with setup "B". However, without knowing what their personal experience reference point is that they are pulling from their memory of "A" an A/B evaluation is meaningless when the person is only describing "B" in their evaluation.

I asked you previously, was your reference point at that time you did the evaluation based on your own personal experience with the RC springs/RC shocks combo which you described as "Jarring"? You ignored that question, where I was just seeking to better understand your baseline reference "A" of when you did the A/B comparison.
Wow gotta say this is all very interesting stuff on a jeep forum. Tell us more.....Please?
Old 05-12-2016, 09:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Monte417
Wow gotta say this is all very interesting stuff on a jeep forum. Tell us more.....Please?
Wrong forum lol
Old 05-12-2016, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Wrong forum lol
Yep, I should have known better. Too many opinionated closed minded individuals who prefer to make smart-ass remarks instead of attempting to look at things from a different perspective to be able to understand the things they're arguing about.

I guess I gave too much benefit of the doubt that it may be different for some individuals on this forum but when you've finally reached the realization that you're communicating with Beavis & Butthead, there isn't really any incentive to continue on. Beavis & Butthead will continue to be Beavis & Butthead.

Cheers Beavis!!!
Old 05-12-2016, 11:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Yep, I should have known better. Too many opinionated closed minded individuals who prefer to make smart-ass remarks instead of attempting to look at things from a different perspective to be able to understand the things they're arguing about.

I guess I gave too much benefit of the doubt that it may be different for some individuals on this forum but when you've finally reached the realization that you're communicating with Beavis & Butthead, there isn't really any incentive to continue on. Beavis & Butthead will continue to be Beavis & Butthead.

Cheers Beavis!!!
Shoot man your right my bad ill try to be more open minded . Can you explain your theory again one more time? Im pretty sure I can get it this time
Old 05-12-2016, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Monte417
Shoot man your right my bad ill try to be more open minded . Can you explain your theory again one more time? Im pretty sure I can get it this time
Sure no problem Butthead.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts

Geesh... this went sideways quick.

Remember. No personal attacks. Keep it clean.... or walk away...
Old 05-12-2016, 12:42 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jedg
Geesh... this went sideways quick. Remember. No personal attacks. Keep it clean.... or walk away...
But that would mean people can't be keyboard warriors anymore lol. Where's the fun in that. Lol.

Joking people. Joking.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running a TeraFlex 3" lift with 5100 Bilsteins and really don't have anything to compare it to other than a faded memory of when it was stock.

To me it does ride on the stiff side but after airing down to 32psi (I may drop it down a couple more) it made a big difference.

But what I have noticed is when the Jeep is loaded down with gear, tools, suit cases and the tires aired to 38 psi it rides really good down the highway.

But as said before in this thread tire pressure makes a big difference how it rides.

If I posted what springs and shocks that I run right now on WOL they would think I'm nuts (maybe I am)

Got to love those guys for there honesty plus they make great videos✌️

Last edited by MacRubi2; 05-12-2016 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MacRubi2
I'm running a TeraFlex 3" lift with 5100 Bilsteins and really don't have anything to compare it to other than a faded memory of when it was stock. To me it does ride on the stiff side but after airing down to 32psi (I may drop it down a couple more) it made a big difference. But what I have noticed is when the Jeep is loaded down with gear, tools, suit cases and the tires aired to 38 psi it rides really good down the highway. But as said before in this thread tire pressure makes a big difference how it rides. If I posted what springs and shocks that I run right now on WOL they would think I'm nuts (maybe I am) Got to love those guys for there honesty plus they make great videos✌️
Keep composure, struggling, can't do it sorry. Seriously their honesty. Bias is more like it. There is a huge difference. I'm really hoping your being sarcastic and not drinking the koolaid.

On another note, I would definitely air down more. I never ran more than 30. 38 is high

Quick Reply: My impression of the EVO plush ride springs and Bilstein 5100's