Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

my homemade warn look alike bumper

Old 02-20-2008, 06:46 PM
aas
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TEEJ

This is a stinger:

Hahahaha!!
Old 02-20-2008, 07:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greasemonkey85
thanks guys! after doing some lookign around on here i am thinking about do some rock sliders too?

i took 4 years of welding and fabrication is high school. i am really good with a torch! the only thing i can t do is bend stuff, just don t have the equipment to do it. oh and i only have $60 bucks into this so far.

the 2x6 channel was $51 and change and the 2x3/16 flat stock for the ends was $10. there is a local performance shop who fabs racecar frames that is going to bendup the stinger for me out of DOM. it will look very similar to the new rugged ridge stinger for the xrc bumper.
To me, more like a Nates 4X4, but a mid instead of full. Very nice. What's that thing weigh?
Old 02-21-2008, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

well just the channel iron weigh 40 lbs.

anyway here it is! i just have to go tomorrow and get the stinger bent up and weld that on. but other than that it is done!

Old 02-25-2008, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

so where are the pics of the bumper in finished state.

Quick Reply: my homemade warn look alike bumper