Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My Exhaust trial and error thread..

Old 05-24-2012, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Exhaust trial and error thread..

Well I started my other thread about my exhaust and spacers but wanted one dedicated just to my exhaust work. So here goes...

System 1 consisted of a stainless steel magnaflow knock off muffler..i thought it was chambered but it actually is straight thru...with the factory resonator left ON. this system was BARELY different than stock. I have a quick vid of a quick rev but i cant edit it and my buddy curses at the end of it so i wont post it as i do NOT want to piss off the mods.

System 2 is the same minus the resonator. It started out not much different at all but even after a few short trips its gotten better. im going on a 30+ mile drive tonight so ill put some heat in it. This vid was taken with my 6yr old fuji digi cam so its not the best but you get the idea. Dont mind the fact theres no tip on it...i havent chosen one yet lol. this vid was a cold start and a few revs so you get the idea.

Now i know my way around exhaust, i had two different systems on my tahoe and 4 different ones on my last stang. with that said we may try and move the muffler inboard under the drivers seat area and just extend the tailpipe out the back. It does usually change the way it sounds. All mustang owners 05 and up deal with this. ford actually spent a lot of time trying to get the mustang to still sound like a mustang with the mufflers at the very end of the exhaust. So after this break is we will move the muffler and see what happens.

then we may try and flowmaster knock in both places to see what the sound difference is and compare. If this happens ill post vids of them all so all can compare. I may even try a spin tech muffler...only thing i dont like about those is they are NOT stainless steel.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put couple hundred miles on it and I'll try to take a cold start vid in the morning. As far as mpg's....ummm well its down a bit since I now can't keep my foot out of it and hit a few trails this weekend checking for rattles. Oddly no rattles on the trail but had a slight low rpm rattle taking off from the bank teller window lol

Quick Reply: My Exhaust trial and error thread..