Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My DS

Old 03-23-2015, 07:10 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ronixwrangler
I have a RK 2.5 flex system on my jeep for over a year now. I do pretty much no crawling, just mudding and trail riding at the camp. Went mudding today and looked under my jeep "I haven't done that in a while" and idk something looks off, or is it just me... How does this look to you guys? Boot still in good condition.
Just out of curiosity is this a front or rear and is this a 2 door or 4 door?

RK
Old 03-23-2015, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Just out of curiosity is this a front or rear and is this a 2 door or 4 door? RK

It's the front and its a 2 door, 2011 Sahara
Old 03-23-2015, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just assumed you were talking rear shaft. and we all know what assume means. my front shaft is still stock. and it does look just like your front. minus the leak. I plan to upgrade my front shaft soon. mine is a 2 door sahara automatic.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beemerman
I just assumed you were talking rear shaft. and we all know what assume means. my front shaft is still stock. and it does look just like your front. minus the leak. I plan to upgrade my front shaft soon. mine is a 2 door sahara automatic.
Cool deal, Yep my front shaft. And mine is a Sahara auto too
Old 03-23-2015, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool deal, Yep my front shaft. And mine is a Sahara auto too

no problems with the rear shaft? mine had a slight vibration I have a 3 inch icon lift. the new shaft cured it though. I plan on the 1310 for the front.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beemerman
no problems with the rear shaft? mine had a slight vibration I have a 3 inch icon lift. the new shaft cured it though. I plan on the 1310 for the front.
Nope "knock on wood" no probs with the rear
Old 03-23-2015, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

ronixwrangler replacing your front drive shaft is rather easy. I jumped in and replaced my about 10mths ago with no issues having never touched a driveshaft before. I purchased Coast Driveline's front 1310 driveshaft for $465 delivered directly from Coast. When I called they gave me all the torque specs and I followed the instructions posted on project-jk website (instruction link below). There are several mfg's to pic from Coast, Tom Woods, JE Reel etc. Once you are ready for a new one.. grow a set and install it yourself...this is how you learn!

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Jeep JK Wrangler Coast Front 1310 Drive Shaft Installation Write-Up

Thanks, what am I looking price wise to replace? I would want an aftermarket. How much of a bitch is it to do myself? Thanks
Old 03-23-2015, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fishead
ronixwrangler replacing your front drive shaft is rather easy. I jumped in and replaced my about 10mths ago with no issues having never touched a driveshaft before. I purchased Coast Driveline's front 1310 driveshaft for $465 delivered directly from Coast. When I called they gave me all the torque specs and I followed the instructions posted on project-jk website (instruction link below). There are several mfg's to pic from Coast, Tom Woods, JE Reel etc. Once you are ready for a new one.. grow a set and install it yourself...this is how you learn! Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Jeep JK Wrangler Coast Front 1310 Drive Shaft Installation Write-Up

For sure, I like to do everything myself just never fooled with anything on the main drive line before. I installed my suspension system myself and it wasn't bad at all. I'm def gonna do it myself though :-)