Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My DS

Old 03-22-2015, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My DS

I have a RK 2.5 flex system on my jeep for over a year now. I do pretty much no crawling, just mudding and trail riding at the camp. Went mudding today and looked under my jeep "I haven't done that in a while" and idk something looks off, or is it just me... How does this look to you guys? Boot still in good condition.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2735734052.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	602641  
Old 03-22-2015, 04:43 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Looks like you have a couple spots of grease up above the joint. When it gets to a big strip of grease, start figuring out what you want to do about it.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Looks like you have a couple spots of grease up above the joint. When it gets to a big strip of grease, start figuring out what you want to do about it.

Thanks, I seen the spots of grease and was like hmm...
Old 03-22-2015, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Only reason I looked under it was because I put it in 4wd today, I haven't put it in 4wd in about 6 months. Is that why it sprayed that little grease?
Old 03-22-2015, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

That looks normal. I went to a double cardon rear driveshaft. Yours looks like mine did before I changed. Mine is a 2 door automatic.. Yours looks like one also from the angle. I also had a very mild vibration. Almost unnoticeable. But I did have to go to adjustable upper rear control arms to get the correct angle. It seems the cv type driveshaft can take the angle. I just wanted to correct the mild vibration.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 03-22-2015, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beemerman
That looks normal. I went to a double cardon rear driveshaft. Yours looks like mine did before I changed. Mine is a 2 door automatic.. Yours looks like one also from the angle. I also had a very mild vibration. Almost unnoticeable. But I did have to go to adjustable upper rear control arms to get the correct angle. It seems the cv type driveshaft can take the angle. I just wanted to correct the mild vibration. Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Thanks, is this something I need to be worried with? Those couple grease specs?
Old 03-22-2015, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronixwrangler
Thanks, is this something I need to be worried with? Those couple grease specs?
I would not think it would be a big deal right now. But keep an eye on it. It had to come from that boot. When it gets worse you will see lots of grease. Then its decision time. Either a used stock shaft some one has removed. Or a double cardon.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 03-22-2015, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would not think it would be a big deal right now. But keep an eye on it. It had to come from that boot. When it gets worse you will see lots of grease. Then its decision time. Either a used stock shaft some one has removed. Or a double cardon. Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Thanks, what am I looking price wise to replace? I would want an aftermarket. How much of a bitch is it to do myself? Thanks
Old 03-22-2015, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronixwrangler
Thanks, what am I looking price wise to replace? I would want an aftermarket. How much of a bitch is it to do myself? Thanks
Tom woods website is www.4xshaft.com Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum

Also lots of good info on angles and such
Old 03-22-2015, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Tom woods website is www.4xshaft.com Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum Also lots of good info on angles and such
Thanks!