Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MY Death wobble solved.....I think:)

Old 12-06-2010, 09:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY Death wobble solved.....I think:)

Got my first case of death wobble the other day. I came on here and got Planmans diagnosis and started the search for the cause. Right away I found that the bolt on the adjustment part of my track bar had TONS of play when I moved the steering wheel back and forth. It looks like the threads got stripped somehow or wore down. It was pretty obvious and I'm not sure anyone suggested this as a spot to check so I thought I would throw it out there for everyone else suffering from DW. I am currently running the first gen TF trackbar and contacted them about the new forged track bar and much to my surprise found out about the trade in program. TF is practically paying me to put in their new trackbar (what an awesome company). I took this chance to really get to know the front end of my jeep (and since the DW scared the crap out of my wife I have the approval to spend whatevers necessary) I ordered the EVO Sector shaft brace as well as a new SS cause the factory one was shot. I will also be checking the torque on everything on there. I will update when I get everything installed.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default death wobble.

Put my lift on just recently too....everything thing was fine, but forgot to retorque after my first 500 miles......me an the wife damn near S_ _ T our pants. Loose track bar and the only thing we could do was hit the brakes. Well, felt like the wheels were comming off....to make it short, retorqued everything and it seems no problems as of this far, but I check it religiously now. (knock on wood)

I've heard nothing but good things about TF forged track bar....might look into it.

Last edited by d2constable; 12-07-2010 at 06:29 AM. Reason: spells like crap
Old 12-07-2010, 06:48 AM
mjm
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by d2constable
Put my lift on just recently too....everything thing was fine, but forgot to retorque after my first 500 miles......me an the wife damn near S_ _ T our pants. Loose track bar and the only thing we could do was hit the brakes. Well, felt like the wheels were comming off....to make it short, retorqued everything and it seems no problems as of this far, but I check it religiously now. (knock on wood)

I've heard nothing but good things about TF forged track bar....might look into it.
What are main things that need to be retorqued after the first 500 miles? I know about the trackbar... anything else?
Old 12-07-2010, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

what lift? i had a 2.5 that was giving me wobble till i changed out the front LCA's..then the wobble went away.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mjm
What are main things that need to be retorqued after the first 500 miles? I know about the trackbar... anything else?
I try to check everything in the steering and suspension every oil change and after wheeling. Never had a Dw on any occasion. After a rear adjustable trackbar and some control arms it will be all dialed in
Old 12-21-2010, 09:57 AM
JK Freak

Default Update

Well I added the TF Monster trackbar up front as well as the TF drag link flip and frame brace. The EVO sector shaft brace didn't play nice with the TF frame brace so it didnt get put on. My front end trackbar and drag link are now perfectly parrallel. I did add a new Bilstein SS just for the hell of it as it does help the ride. I adjusted the psi in my tires and torqued the entire front end to spec and now it drives better than it ever did. No mas muerta wobble!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 07JKDakotaEd
Well I added the TF Monster trackbar up front as well as the TF drag link flip and frame brace. The EVO sector shaft brace didn't play nice with the TF frame brace so it didnt get put on. My front end trackbar and drag link are now perfectly parrallel. I did add a new Bilstein SS just for the hell of it as it does help the ride. I adjusted the psi in my tires and torqued the entire front end to spec and now it drives better than it ever did. No mas muerta wobble!
Awesome! Now post some pics showing your setup on your JK!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

Default TF Drag link flip and frame brace

So here are the pics of the drag link flip kit from TF. My JK drives great now and NO DW! I was putting on my front ARB Dif cover tonight and finally shot some pics.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Glad i found this information. I've also been haveing a death wobble issue. Mine is a 2008 Jk Unlimited with about 90K miles. I've noticed bushing play on the drivers side end. Which trac bar seems to be the better choice for a replacement. Both work with no lift which is what i need for now.... The Texaflex or the JKS? Or would yall think they are both equal.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 89PWRRAM
Glad i found this information. I've also been haveing a death wobble issue. Mine is a 2008 Jk Unlimited with about 90K miles. I've noticed bushing play on the drivers side end. Which trac bar seems to be the better choice for a replacement. Both work with no lift which is what i need for now.... The Texaflex or the JKS? Or would yall think they are both equal.
Teraflex gets my vote every time. As you can see above I have had nothing but great results from their parts and customer service. IMHO their track bar is the best

Quick Reply: MY Death wobble solved.....I think:)