Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My butt sags

Old 08-12-2009, 11:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was the situation with mine. I copied this over from another place on the web I posted. In short check the spring indexing can make it sag to one side if the axle is rotated. If both sides are equal then add spacers to get to where you want to be. and yes the date in the pic is wrong.

I went with the rubicon express 3.5" super-flex lift. Over all I'm satisfied but couple of things I noticed...at over 3" on a 2 door you need a rear drive shaft which means you need to adjust for the pinion angle. The length measurement that the instructions give to start with keeps the rearend at stock position. When you adjust the axle up the the factory bolt, frame end, of the track bar makes contact with kits bump stop. Seems like I remember reading about this in other post. I did not have time to fix it properly but I turned the bolt around so the cap end is toward the bump stop it only makes contact now with passengers in the back seat and a lot of spring compression. It'll do till I get back home (next year). The other thing, and this I do not remember reading about any where, when you rotate the rear end the spring indexing makes a large impact on lift height. In my haste I installed each side 180 degrees out from each other which caused one side to be more than 1" lower. Simply put the end of the spring need to be in the same position on both sides. To get the most lift the very end of the spring needs to be as pictured.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0568.JPG
Views:	817
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	28484  

Quick Reply: My butt sags