Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My build for the summer

Old 12-28-2013, 12:13 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by whitejkdev
It's strictly a street machine, and never had a 6 inch lift yet on any of my jeeps so wanna see what happens.
Here is an example.
Click image for larger version

Name:	article-0-19AAFDB3000005DC-667_634x432.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	519641
Old 12-28-2013, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man this thread is all over the place! People hating on stupid kids, people shrugging off helpful advice, and others assuming people can just go out and buy the best.. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion just remember we are all jeep people. Although with this being said, this post probably doesn't mean much as a I'm just another 18 year old kid living at home driving a jeep for a wow factor. Yes, my jeep has some kiddish mods, like 12 inch subs (I'm the first to admit nobody needs that in a jeep including myself) but there are kids on here looking for actual advice and help. I'm running 3.5 inch lift with 35s. From reading this forum and doing my research from people like Dirt and Plansman I have helped myself make better choices. Sure at times I realize I would like 37s+ with 6inch lift for the wow factor because that's all the college life is about these days, but I have the common sense to do what I can. I am not sponsored by mommy and daddy so I buy 35s to not damage my axles that are not ready for more, I stay at 3.5 inches of lift until I can get everything that Is needed for more. Right now I'm doing research to find the gears I want to buy because my 3.21s won't hold overdrive over 70 and I am putting too much stress on my components so I drove my bike I built in the meantime while I can. I just want people to realize that there are some kids on here doing honest research looking for help and tips for their next useful mods, not just seeing what the coolest looking stuff is so they can put it on their rigs and roll around like they own the place. You can't judge a book buy it's cover. Looking at me nobody would think I am who I am, a guy that loves bikes and jeeps, and is slowly continuing to build his first vehicle, a 1978 cj7 I bought rolled over because that's all I could afford at the time. Now it's setting on Dana 60s with a 450 horsepower amc 360 I built at age 15 with hard earned cash. Just realize there are true jeepers at a young age too.

Quick Reply: My build for the summer