Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My build for the summer

Old 12-25-2013, 04:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whitejkdev
The price difference from 40s and 37s is stupid
good point...
Old 12-25-2013, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
good point...

Frig if they were cheap if run 50s lol!
Old 12-25-2013, 04:30 PM
JK Jedi

Frig if they were cheap if run 50s lol!
lol thats the spirit.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Maertz
lol thats the spirit.
If things were that cheap if beat the crap out of my machine but I couldn't imagine trashing a 20000 dollar machine
Old 12-25-2013, 10:46 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

I would be more concerned about running an incomplete 6" lift on the road then off. Speed kills. Poor geometry and improper steering at 65 mph is just dangerous. I would make sure no one else ever takes it for a drive. But it is your rig and you can do what you want with it. Personally I would not want to take that rig off road with that set up either. Have fun with the build and we will be here to answer the questions to the problems you are going to encounter with that lift after the fact.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I would be more concerned about running an incomplete 6" lift on the road then off. Speed kills. Poor geometry and improper steering at 65 mph is just dangerous. I would make sure no one else ever takes it for a drive. But it is your rig and you can do what you want with it. Personally I would not want to take that rig off road with that set up either. Have fun with the build and we will be here to answer the questions to the problems you are going to encounter with that lift after the fact.
He seems pretty set on putting this kit in. Dirt i know your the man when it comes to anything with 4 wheels. Maybe a long list of expensive parts will help him out. That why were here right?
Old 12-26-2013, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

I thought only thing you need is upper lower adjustable control arms new drive shafts the lift Ofcourse what else
Old 12-26-2013, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Contrary to popular belief there is nothing wrong with RC lifts. I've been running my 4 in X-Series for a year now with plenty of offroad adventures with no issues whatsoever. I say to each his/her own and get what your pocket can afford. Even better piece it altogether and make a Frankenlift from different lifts..... What matter the most is your satisfaction with what you have.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:00 AM
JK Jedi

I thought only thing you need is upper lower adjustable control arms new drive shafts the lift Ofcourse what else
Honestly at the height id get all arms, driveshafts,ditch the pitman arm,flipped draglink,raised trackbar (axle side) not sure if the kit had both adjustable track bars, but thats what id want. even with all 8 arms im not sure how good of a pinion angle youll get on the front driveshaft. In the rear im not sure the coil correction wedges will be enough, id cut and rotate the stock spring perches. Id also make sure to have a grinder or sawzall to cut the body up to fit 37s. Also is the 6" a y link suspension set up? If so these really lack under any long travel shocks. Its Steering suffers, in that the links don’t allow rotation of the axle in relation to the frame as the suspension cycles up and down, which cause caster changes. This is all just a start, your steering and steering box may still hate you, just not as much. Id also look into another stock front sway bar to put in the rear so it dont rollover on a pothole. But as said, i bet you can get by with just lowers and driveshafts if you really want to...

Last edited by Maertz; 12-26-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say 3 inches less lift !?!?! Seriously man, you're screwing with the whole geometry and engineering of your Jeep by lifting it that high. Heck of a lot more involved than a few bolt-on parts. Your jeep just won't be fun and safe to drive anymore.... so in the end, you will have destroyed a 20000 dollar rig.

But hey, it's your Jeep....

Quick Reply: My build for the summer