Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My balls dropped!!!

Old 07-29-2009, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My balls dropped!!!

Well, finally after a long two years of looking, wishing, and dreaming....I finally got the guts, and the money to drop on a lift.
I just ordered a TF 2.5" coil/shock adapters, PA 1" body, 1" front coil Spacers, and 35x12.50R15 mounted on Pro Comp series 97's!!!!!! It feels so good now thats its done, Now the anticipation is killing me!!!!!! Might lose some sleep over the next few weeks!! I plan on doing the install myself, any pointers?? Alignment will deffenatly be nessacary once lift is on right??
Big thanks to david @ northridge, he Deffenatly helped me pull the trigger, and saved 200 doing it!!!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 12:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I did my Tera 2.5" spring lift I planned to spend a whole day doing it, and it took about 6 hours (I move slowly and methodically and the garage was hot). Also make sure you have a decent selection for hand tools (both metric since that is what Jeep uses, and standard since that is what Tera uses), a good jack, and a good set of jack stands. Also prior to dropping the rear axle remove the clips holding the wiring for the wheel speed sensor. I put them back after the lift, some have not.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

You may or may not have the same problem that i had.
when i installed mine last night i went to put the trackbar relocate brackrt on i didnt get the template to measure with and the hole that the main bolt and crush sleve goes through did not line up very well.

I had to beat the bolt through with a hammer. The nut didnt like that very well.

Other than that it was very easy. Took me 3.5 hours.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

Default Same boat

I'm in the same boat you are Junkie. I've spent the beginning of this week ordering a lift, tires, bumper and emptying my savings. 2.5 months of hyping things up to my wife finally paid off and she gave go-ahead! What a good wife!

So far I've spent my free hours reading WOL's write ups for both the TF installation and the front end alignment. After reading those I realized I needed some tools. So I would suggest reading these (even though some parts dont' directly apply) to get an idea of what you're in for. So I've made my list for Harbor Freight to pick up a torque wrench, angle finder, brake bleed kit, and all the fluids/lubes I will need.

Before/after photos!
Old 07-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear!
Old 07-29-2009, 02:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toyfreak
When i installed mine last night i went to put the trackbar relocate brackrt on i didnt get the template to measure with and the hole that the main bolt and crush sleve goes through did not line up very well.
I didn't have the template either. I found it linked to the 2.5" BB instructions so I printed out from these.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:04 PM
JK Freak

This is the wife. I finally gave the go ahead after 2 and a half months of pestering and within 4 hours I had a call from the credit card department because they were sure that someone had stolen my card with all of the (extremely large) charges that had been made on it.

Have to admit that I am really excited though! I just wish I had relented in time to do the Niagara Rim trip.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FlameRed
This is the wife. I finally gave the go ahead after 2 and a half months of pestering and within 4 hours I had a call from the credit card department because they were sure that someone had stolen my card with all of the (extremely large) charges that had been made on it.

Have to admit that I am really excited though! I just wish I had relented in time to do the Niagara Rim trip.
Oh no! The wife is spying on me!
Old 07-29-2009, 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

I found out that using standard car jack stands suck. I actually have to jack up my JK high enough to remove the wheels... and then lower it back down onto my jack stands at their highest setting. Then have to jack back up when done to put the wheels back on.

Need to get me some real tall 6-Ton truck stands!
Old 07-30-2009, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the response guys, and I deffenatly look foward to seeing the write up!! David sent the lift out yesterday so it will be here pretty soon!!!!!

Quick Reply: My balls dropped!!!