Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My 4x4 SPOD caught on fire

Old 08-03-2017, 11:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jordy
It's funny that you keep going with the dumbass thing, knowing nothing about me. Exactly what I said is that you don't know what you're talking about and the function of the fuses and relays in your cut and paste attempts, as you haven't ever put hands on one. Sure, you can sit in your mom's basement and draw one up. Cool! You're a sad pathetic little EE who is so insecure that you've got to go out of your way and google information to try and look smart on a Jeep forum because you don't have the real life experience, but need to feel accepted and important. It's pretty funny to watch actually. I'm still waiting for you and all your smartness to explain how the fuses and relays and the downstream accessories reignited a fire multiple times. I bet it was those pesky rock lights backfeeding through the sPod that did it. All the best.
He's a toxic noob man, I've been saying it for months. He'd fit right in at WAL with his forum etiquette...after they crucify him for his Jeep.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by BoraBora
He's a toxic noob man, I've been saying it for months. He'd fit right in at WAL with his forum etiquette...after they crucify him for his Jeep.
What a treat. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle dumb in the same thread. Both of whom throw the 1st stones and then cry like little b*thes when they get some thrown back their way. Yeah, let's talk about your "forum etiquette." Aint nobody talking to you, but here you are jumping into to criticize like always. Come on and bring it ass clown.

Ewwww...let's criticize my Jeep now. My feeling are soooooo hurt. Try not to let your small penis syndrome get the best of you.

Last edited by Rednroll; 08-03-2017 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:56 AM
JK Freak

Yikes man, I'm embarrassed for you. Nobody here is butthurt except for you, and you threw the first stone. Were you bullied in high school or something? I just don't understand your angst.

Whatever though, as always...hilarity ensues.

Take a Prozac and try some breathing exercises before you dig this hole deeper for yourself.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BoraBora
Yikes man, I'm embarrassed for you. Nobody here is butthurt except for you, and you threw the first stone. Were you bullied in high school or something? I just don't understand your angst.

Whatever though, as always...hilarity ensues.

Take a Prozac and try some breathing exercises before you dig this hole deeper for yourself.
You mean how you just joined in this discussion to pile on with the Jordy bullying he initiated once again after you haven't contrubuting sh*t to it at all?

Yeah, I was bullied in HS. I punched the MFer in the nose, watched him drop on the floor like a sack of potatoes and start crying like a little b*tch holding his nose while I pointed at him and told him to never F with me again. Any of this sound familiar of what's been going on here when the Jordy and Bora Bora bully b*tch trains come rolling in to start sh*t? I suppose not, too damn stupid to figure it out. It's those same personallities you both have as to why you and Jordy are always the 1st to criticize someone else along their Jeep. The bullies who needed all the attention in HS and when they didn't get it, they had to start sh*t with the person who took some of it away from them. Then when they got punched in the nose they cried, and said "boo hoo, why you go and do that, you big ole meany rednroll?" Yeah, I got you DBs all figured out. It's all very obvious. You guys act like you must have the smallest penises in the Jeep community. 2 clear cut cases of a couple dumb asses with SPS disease. Always 1st to jump in a discussion to criticize someone elses information they posted, then go in denial and start spewing nonsense when they get proven wrong. So don't F with me and you and Jordy won't have to keep getting punched in the nose and crying like a b*tches afterwards. Thought maybe you guys might have figured that out by now, but it must be too difficult for you with those severe cases of SPS you both have.

Last edited by Rednroll; 08-04-2017 at 05:52 AM.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts

Holy cow... again... stop.

Disagree all you want. Stop the other crap.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:06 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Some of these threads take on a life of their own, and not in a productive way.

Originally Posted by Peytoven
$80 for the replacement. I figured this was fair.
It was nice to see the guys there step up to the plate and be so responsive. Part of me thinks they should have just spotted you a new unit and just charge the shipping cost. This is one of those times that the good will would go a long way. Something about charging you $80 for it just seems a little cheap to me considering the circumstances.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Some of these threads take on a life of their own, and not in a productive way.
Yep. That's why there is an ignore button.

Originally Posted by resharp001
It was nice to see the guys there step up to the plate and be so responsive. Part of me thinks they should have just spotted you a new unit and just charge the shipping cost. This is one of those times that the good will would go a long way. Something about charging you $80 for it just seems a little cheap to me considering the circumstances.
The sPod guys are awesome, and if you read their 2 page letter, it sounds like they were pretty thorough in their analysis and most likely rang up some pretty large expenses. There isn't a conclusive cause, but it was narrowed down to 2 possibilities, 1 of which was not sPod related with the wire rubbing on the ECU. I'd say the $80 is pretty fair to get back up and running without getting hit full book.

I had an issue with mine right before Moab. It would run intermittently on different circuits from lights to lockers. Contacted them and sent pics, and it was a very early model. They said I could send it in and see if they could repair it, which would take a couple of weeks, or I could spend $150 for a whole new board and I'd have it in a few days. That was a very easy solution as I was ready to buy a new one to get back up and running, rather than build one in my mom's basement, and figure out the rest after EJS.

The customer service at sPod and ARB are two of the best I've dealt with in any industry and I'd spend money with them over and over. Lots of shady companies out there who are looking to make a quick sale and move on. When you find a good one, you go back and you tell your friends.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Feel better? Got your last word jabs in?

Good!!! It was expected, par for the course. It would be great to see you use that ignore button, so you might actually stop responding and critiquing me every time I post. We both know that won't happen.

Last edited by Rednroll; 08-04-2017 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:35 AM
JK Freak

Get a life ^

People are trying to talk Jeep here. Stop with your pettiness. If you want to throw personal attacks at people for disagreeing with you, like I said... go join Wayalife. You've already made yourself look like a fool here.

Everyone else moved on...you're clearly too bored. ACT YOUR AGE, he's ignoring you at this point and you're still looking to incite a reaction. I might be a jackass on this forum at times, yes, but I'm 20 years old. Act your age old man, and put the bottle down.

Last edited by BoraBora; 08-04-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Feel better also? Got your deflated ego needed last jabs in at me as well? Good.

Quick Reply: My 4x4 SPOD caught on fire