Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Multi MFG Lift

Old 06-22-2008, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multi MFG Lift

Well, as some of you know, I ordered the Rough Country 4" lift. Thinking I'd get by with a lift for only 575. Well, with all the suggestions and experience, I have ordered adjustable control arms.
Now is the problem of recentering the body with adjustable trackbars. More money.

Also is the issue of the stock trackbar brackets breaking!! Now I want to lift my Rubi, but I also want it to drive good and be safe and not have to worry when flexing on trails.
Also, there seems to be an issue with 2 doors and the rear driveshaft. So here is more money to spend.
I think, in my honest opinion, that others that are thinking of lifting their JK's should consider a kit that has everything you need from the start.
I figure I could get by for a while with the basic lift, but wouldnt be happy or have the safest vehicle that I would want.
It's gonna end up costing me more than a complete kit from the start. My bad. Live and learn.

So, here is a question for all the manufactures out there. The lift gurus so to speak.
I don't want opinions from anyone that ain't "FOR SURE".
I have been told that with my trackbar relocation brackets that I don't need a adjustable trackbar.
I have been told that with my trackbar relocation brackets that I do need an adjustable trackbar.
All by the same person by the way!!!
I have been told that I can reinforce my axle brackets and be good to go.
I have been told that , NO, I need a frame relocation bracket to correct the geometry along with an adjustable trackbar and just leave the axle mount alone.
Does anyone know for sure.
Teraflex, I was about to order your rear trackbar relocation bracket with the U clamp until I heard some of this.
DOES ANYONE HAVE A DIFINITIVE ANSWER??
I will have at times my grandson in this Jeep and would like to know things are right.
Oh by the way, I stopped by our one and only 4x4 shop and asked about the rear driveshaft and he said NO, I only need a transfer case drop bracket. I told him I have never heard of that for the JK and he said, his shop does it all the time.!!!!
I'm just lookin for the REAL answers.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well with your 4" lift, if you want how u say the "safest" ride u will want the track bars front and back, and the control arms. that will givce you the best articulation and w2hat not. but the kit says that you will not need drive shafts, but from any other 4" lift they are rcomended. in others words, for the best bang for your buck, you will want to get themhope that helps. the full, more complete kit you get, the safer more reliable your rig will be. but something will always break

Quick Reply: Multi MFG Lift