Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Muffler Q..Magnaflow

Old 06-15-2009, 04:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler Q..Magnaflow

OK, so I put on a magnaflow muffler and relocated it up under the drivers seat area. Instead of piping it out the back it is dumped a few inches of the back of the muffler. seems a bit noisey. will plumbing it all the way out the back bring it down a bit? Will this be to much back pressure?...like the sound just too much of it. Sound a hell of a lot better if it was a Hemi
Old 06-26-2009, 11:02 AM
JK Freak

well yeah, if you move the exit to a few feet behind you as opposed to directly under you it will be a bit quieter. Our engine does better with a little back pressure. I would say go out to the very back, or at least halfway there, and unless you get a bend or two, the pressure won't increase much..
Old 06-26-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Super Freak

I installed a Magnaflow stainless steel muffler and relocated it under the driver's seat about 2 months ago. I actually left the pipe running to the back since the bend over the rear axle was already there. I just cut and added a downspout at the rear, just above the bumper. You can barely see the exhaust tip from the rear. The sound is great and noticeably louder, but tolerable. I think you need to extend the pipe to the back. It'll help a bit. I noticed a slight increase in performance. Not speed, just a little more "pep" or pick up and go. Mileage still sucks though!

Quick Reply: Muffler Q..Magnaflow