Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Muffler options.

Old 12-06-2015, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phuggit
This is who I went with.

Jeep JK Wrangler 07-15
How do you like it? Which model did you pick? How's the sound?
Old 12-06-2015, 02:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shredX
High heat bbq grill paint on whatever you decide. Stock or aftermarket...all mufflers should be painted black. : )
Spent $7 on a can of high temp black auto paint. Its one of my favorite mods. I'll get a black muffler after this one falls off or get ripped off on the trail. Until then I'll just touch it up after trail rides.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
Spent $7 on a can of high temp black auto paint. Its one of my favorite mods. I'll get a black muffler after this one falls off or get ripped off on the trail. Until then I'll just touch it up after trail rides.
X2 on this exact thing. One of the best things I've done. Touch up once every couple months.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried 4 different mufflers on my 3.6 and settled on the Dynomax VT. No drone at all. I recently went back to stock because I just hate the way the 3.6L sounds. No rumble and all rice, no matter what I put on there. The Flowmaster 50 gave it the least annoying tone. Still sounded import-ish though and the drone was unbearable.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:06 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep no drone, but you will hear it, when you get on the throttle.

Originally Posted by deathwagon
I tried 4 different mufflers on my 3.6 and settled on the Dynomax VT. No drone at all. I recently went back to stock because I just hate the way the 3.6L sounds. No rumble and all rice, no matter what I put on there. The Flowmaster 50 gave it the least annoying tone. Still sounded import-ish though and the drone was unbearable.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by deathwagon
I can't know which sound you'd like. I do know that, out of all the exhausts I heard, I liked the Magnaflow Cat-Back # 15237 the best. Quiet when cruising, wakes up when accelerating, zero drone, zero rice, nice growl.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:16 PM
JK Newbie

just pulled the plug and picked up the American Thunder exhaust by Flowmaster, ill report back after i put it on in the next few days. watched some youtube videos on it and liked the sound. i currently am running the dynomax muffler that is $200 or so dollars (forget the exact name) and it sounds good however after a year it is starting to rot out and has a few holes in it.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tuhmayo
just pulled the plug and picked up the American Thunder exhaust by Flowmaster, ill report back after i put it on in the next few days. watched some youtube videos on it and liked the sound. i currently am running the dynomax muffler that is $200 or so dollars (forget the exact name) and it sounds good however after a year it is starting to rot out and has a few holes in it.
That's why I don't even regard exhausts which aren't made of stainless steel.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:01 PM
JK Newbie

okay so I put on the new exhaust today and it sounds GREAT!! low idle nose and no highway drone or even around town drone after 35 mph you hear little to no noise except a throaty sound on acceleration. However if you decide to step on it from a stand still it has that deep throaty sound you'd expect from anything else but the V6 mini van motor! overall my first impressions exceed my expectations. we'll see how it sounds after it has time to wear in.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:38 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Warranty / Guarantee

Limited Lifetime Warranty (limited to qualifying DynoMax® products only)
Tenneco Inc. warrants qualifying DynoMax® products against defects and wear-out when used on private passenger cars and light trucks under normal operating conditions for as long as such original purchaser owns the vehicle on which they were originally installed.

Quick Reply: Muffler options.