Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Muffler delete.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
LOL!! yup, that the write-up i did and here's a direct link to the sound clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPe0O9TPfj4
Love the exhaust tone. I couldn't tell from the write-up, but does the resonator stay in tact or is it also removed? Thanks....
Old 08-06-2012, 05:47 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by aldaman
Love the exhaust tone. I couldn't tell from the write-up, but does the resonator stay in tact or is it also removed? Thanks....
yes, everything from the y-pipe back is removed and that includes the resonator.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Poker5150
Why does it say this exhaust is for off road use only? Is it CA legal?
Some states require an exhaust dump in the rear of the vehicle. I know many JK's run this style of system in CA and it SEEMS without problems. I would keep the stock just in case.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 10 and i took the muffler off. I wanted loud, it was louder to begin with but didnt sound great. I then got a cherrybomb extreme and a resonatir turn down and it sounds perfect now. No codes thrown, no loss or power, no gain of power.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

I did the muffler delete thing, and was going to make a tailpipe for it, but did not like the way it sounded. So I built a dual pipe tailpipe adapter, and it sounds better than a straight pipe. If I was going to make it again, I would deflect the exhaust inside the main can, but it is still pretty good. It is made from 3.5 tube.

Last edited by bonehead; 10-28-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Muffler delete.