Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Muffler advice

Old 08-13-2013, 07:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still happy with mine
Old 08-14-2013, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, I pulled the trigger on the Magnaflow split back black axle back today. Hopefully it comes in soon so I can get it hooked up.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 08-24-2013, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok got the exhaust installed. Sounds great, just a little louder than stock. Don't even know its there until you push the skinny pedal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2127129755.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	491250

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-970592502.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	491251

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 08-24-2013, 01:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FJ Jake
Replaced my stock exhaust on 2012 JKU with MBRP exhaust last year Not a big fan of the sound it makes. Sounds to much like a tuner I would like to replace with exhaust that has a deeper sound. Any recommendations of a brand that will sound powerful but not so noisy?
I got the dynomax super turbo, no droning not to loud
Old 08-24-2013, 03:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spartan99
The quieter the better.

I must be getting old
I couldn't agree more. I love my 99 Trans Am with it's long tube headers and high flow exhaust system that can rattle the dishes out of the cupboard in the kitchen, but I just laugh at the sound of these exhausts. Flowmaster in the LSx world is the laughing stock of mufflers. Nick named "SlowMaster", hands down the worst chambered exhaust you can throw on a LSx motor.

And as for that Quadratec exhaust, that looks like something some highschool kid fab'ed up in metal shop class. The dual pipes are too close together and hang down way to low. I have a problem with dragging, and smashing the stock exhaust pipe, those look like they would drag just pulling out of my driveway. And then to show a dyno of it with nearly no gains what so ever? And don't get me started with the burn out with a single tire spin.

Last edited by RoysRig; 08-24-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Just picked up my JKU MOAB about a week ago and grabbed a Gibson muffler upgrade the first week. It's just the axle back like another user posted, was able to get mine in all black.
Gotta say, for $400 the sound cant be beat. It's pretty loud when you get on it and has a deep sound that has that V8 flow master tone to it. Very minimal noise when youre not on the gas.
I didn't necessarily want the remote start option when I went shopping for a JKU but got a great deal on the one that happened to have it. It's pretty sweet starting it up from far away and hearing that roar before you get in.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the MBRP Off-Road setup and like it, BUT I think I'm going to swap out the muffler with something that has a deeper tone. It's not as throaty as I would like. I know it will never sound like an 8, but I would like it to get a little closer. Muffler placement and pipe routing is good with the MBRP. I plan on keeping all that in place, but just swapping out the can.

Flowmaster is top of mind for me, but I'm not sure which one model would be best.

Subscribed.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kh202
I like that sound! How is it on the road? Any annoying drone at highway speeds?
Old 08-27-2013, 05:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadic-JK

I like that sound! How is it on the road? Any annoying drone at highway speeds?
I actually think there's less drone than a super 44. It's louder, but not so much of a hum. It's not too bad. I drive an hour plus a day for work. It's to the point where sometimes I'd like some peace, but when you step on it sometimes, you just know you'd miss that sound!! Certainly don't hear many super 10's out there. Here's the only other clip I have
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5kxnodzwc...%2041%20PM.mov

Damn I miss the no flares look! But the mess sucked!!

Last edited by kh202; 08-27-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spartan99
The quieter the better.

I must be getting old
I finally found one that is smaller, lighter, more clearance, and quieter than most other cat-back systems

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...xhaust-284246/

Quick Reply: Muffler advice