Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Muffler

Old 10-07-2013, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler

Thinking of dropping in a new muffler, the Dynomax Super Turbo on my '08. What says the group? I am looking for something with a deeper meaner tone to it. Dyno was the first one I thought was decent. Any other suggestions?

Kevin
Old 10-07-2013, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I run dyno too. Has a nice low deep sound at idle and enough at acceleration for you too enjoy it and not look like an ass. My buddy has a mbpr on his 3.8 and it sounds a little ricey to me, but to each their own. good luck
Old 10-07-2013, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had an MBRP under my 2007 jeep and loved the deep sound it made. I wanted to go to something that didn't exit out the rear and tried the Dynomax Comp exhaust and couldn't stand the sound it made. So I bought the Offroad version of the MBRP and it sounds great as well.

I have my old MBRP for sale in the performance section
Old 10-07-2013, 02:30 PM
JK Freak

Default Hi Horse

In the December 2013 issue of Petersen's 4Wheel & Off-Road (I know it's not December yet) there is an article titled "Sum of the Parts... Mo-Power for Our Mopar".

Starting with a stock 4.7L V-8 Grand Cherokee High Output engine they make mods one at a time and then in combination. Here is the article:

Jeep Grand Cherokee Upgrades - Mo-Power For Our Mopar - 4-Wheel & Off-Road Magazine

As you can see from the dyno results chart, exhaust gets you some HP and more torque, air intake gets you HP but little torque, and reprogram gets little of each. It's not until you combine all 3 that you see significant results.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Kevin.

I have a MBRP off road exhaust with a dynomax super turbo muffler installed. Ive had 3 kits on my jeep and this is my favourite. Shuts up but has some noise when your wheeling. I can do a video for you and post it.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by courtsm3
Hey Kevin. I have a MBRP off road exhaust with a dynomax super turbo muffler installed. Ive had 3 kits on my jeep and this is my favourite. Shuts up but has some noise when your wheeling. I can do a video for you and post it.

Does anybody have any GOOD OR bad experience TO share regarding the BORLA DUAL CAT BACK
It's for a 09 jk
Thanks for any info.......
Old 10-07-2013, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just put a Gibson dual outlet exhaust on my 2012 and I love it so far. Nice deep tone at idle and acceleration. Not raspy or ricey at all. You know it's there but it's not overbearing.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

I just pulled my factory muffler off not running one no more lol
Old 10-07-2013, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

I have the dynomax race bullet. Quiter ad a bit deeper than no muffler
Old 10-07-2013, 06:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by danny767

Does anybody have any GOOD OR bad experience TO share regarding the BORLA DUAL CAT BACK
It's for a 09 jk
Thanks for any info.......
Guys looking for noise will be disappointed with the borla. I believe its pricey too. Go with mbrp or dynomax. Mbrp actually proves gains.

Quick Reply: Muffler