Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Muffler

Old 09-07-2011, 09:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Muffler

What is the best muffler brand i can get? Dont want the entire caf back exhaust etc
My exhaust is already reloacted axle back and currently running a straight throw muffler.

I think the 3.8 likes a little back pressure for torque. Can someone recommend a muffler
with a sweet spot back pressure please
Old 09-07-2011, 09:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DynoMax or Magnaflow
Old 09-07-2011, 09:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trust me... Just remove the one in the rear and go with a straight pipe. Mine passed inspection... Isn't any louder ... And would be pretty much free. Feels like it is running a bit freer to me as well.. No proof of this ... Just the Seatometer
Old 09-08-2011, 12:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As i said i already have a custom exhaust setup axle back with a magnaflow straight thru
exhaust sounds great but i think i am loosing a little bit of torque bec JK engines like a little bit of back pressure.

Does dynomax just sells the muffler if yes part # please
Old 09-08-2011, 05:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Flowmaster Super 44 on my Jeep it sounds great. This may be a question but an exhaust system replaces pipes and muffler but if you replace the muffler and use the standard pipes us that the same as an exhaust system? any body?
Old 09-08-2011, 05:52 AM
JK Freak

x2- just a muffler Flowmaster. I like the 50 series tone and they are smash proof.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:15 AM
JK Freak

seriously what is the diffrence between an exhaust and a muffler other than the pipes?
Old 09-08-2011, 06:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Slob
seriously what is the diffrence between an exhaust and a muffler other than the pipes?
"Exhaust" implies the whole system (typically a "cat back") and "muffler" is just the tuning device, no connecting pipes.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Slob
The pipes are usually bigger and the bends are mandrel bent making them flow better. You'll notice the stock ones have little ripples or whatever you want to call them on the inside of the bends. These restrict the flow.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK07
As i said i already have a custom exhaust setup axle back with a magnaflow straight thru
exhaust sounds great but i think i am loosing a little bit of torque bec JK engines like a little bit of back pressure.

Does dynomax just sells the muffler if yes part # please
Where are you putting the muffler? Stock location will be tricky because the muffler inlet is goofy.

Quick Reply: Muffler