Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mud tire(nitto mud, bfg crawlers) noise with a 2yr old, who's been down that road?

Old 02-03-2012 | 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

Default Mud tire(nitto mud, bfg crawlers) noise with a 2yr old, who's been down that road?

Just got a 2012 unlimited rubicon, i want to get 37s for it when i can, i love the nitto mud grapplers, bfg krawlers, iroks etc. my concern is my two yr boy? I'm just looking for some input of any jeepers out there with young ones and their thoughts with the noise of mudders and the ears of their kids and what you found to be ok or problems.
Old 02-03-2012 | 12:59 PM
JK Freak

Nitto Mud Grapplers are fine at first... they start to wear and it gets louder. In the cab it can loud at times. From now on I will not get Grapplers on a DD just dedicated trail pigs.

Buddy of mine shot this after a suds and grub, it'll give you an idea on how loud they are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOQ_-upoTig
Old 02-03-2012 | 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I run Goodyear MTR'S / Kevlar 12.50-35-17. Put about 12,000 miles on them so far wear is minimal and quiet for a mud tire. When these wear out I will get them again.
Old 02-03-2012 | 01:41 PM
JK Freak

3 year old daughter here and I run BFG KM2's easily. Not as much noise as one would think. The Krawlers may be a lot louder though due to the aggressive tread.

Quick Reply: Mud tire(nitto mud, bfg crawlers) noise with a 2yr old, who's been down that road?