Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

which mud terrrains do i get?

Old 11-18-2008, 04:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a lot depends on if this is a daily driver or not.

The KM2s bite well, and wear well, and arent too loud.

There are however, better, stronger options if you only drive in the mud, and stay off of the highway.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:59 PM
JK Super Freak

I agree with AlmightyCrash. I have KM2 35's and they perform very well here in GA but there are more aggressive tires available depending on your style. Since mine is my DD I went with the KM2's
Old 11-18-2008, 05:09 PM
JK Freak

I love the copper stt's. I just got them but they are flawless!
Old 11-18-2008, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by codybrowning
hey im ready for bigger tires (35) and have done some online research but i cant find a whole lot of information on how the mud terrains do in mud (ironic) everything i read is about rock crawling. i live in georgia so im in red clay all the time (no such thing as rocks here) and i want a tire that performs better than the km1s i have now. bottom line... im looking for a strong tire with a long tread life and good bite in mud. thanks for the help
i've had experience with KM1, KM2, and Goodyear MT/R.

i chose MT/R's b/c they are quieter (new and 20-25k miles old).

in my opinion, they grip/bite the same, self cleaning with high voids just like the BFG's, look better, and last longer. Not that mileage really should be a selling point for you, as a mud terrain wont give you much beyond 30k miles any how.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Toyo's MT - So you don't have to worry or think about it!....
Old 11-18-2008, 09:51 PM
JK Freak

I am a big fan of BFG.

I had CJ5 with TSL Radials and loved them, they clean out easier than the BFGs but don't last as long.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doc307
I agree with AlmightyCrash. I have KM2 35's and they perform very well here in GA but there are more aggressive tires available depending on your style. Since mine is my DD I went with the KM2's
look at me, I got new tires...
Old 11-18-2008, 10:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by codybrowning
hey im ready for bigger tires (35) and have done some online research but i cant find a whole lot of information on how the mud terrains do in mud (ironic) everything i read is about rock crawling. i live in georgia so im in red clay all the time (no such thing as rocks here) and i want a tire that performs better than the km1s i have now. bottom line... im looking for a strong tire with a long tread life and good bite in mud. thanks for the help
A good source for reviews is tirerack.com They rate the firestone m/t VERY good w/ alot of great reviews. Anybody here have any real experience with them?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:51 PM
JK Freak

I have the KM2's and Oklahoma if full of that nice red clay also.
these tire have been great for me. They bite the clay fine and clay comes out of the treads quickly which is nice when going from mud hole to mud hole plus they do great on the pavment and are quite, But then again i also have no experince with other M/T's. I'll try to post you some picture the clay holes we went though this moring.

Quick Reply: which mud terrrains do i get?