Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mud-Terrain™ T/A® KM2

Old 10-18-2007, 08:32 PM
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll post some pics tommorow , as soon as i get the lift and bumpers on

george
Old 10-18-2007, 09:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by REDNECKHOUSTON
i'll post some pics tommorow , as soon as i get the lift and bumpers on

george

Sweeeeet! I cant wait to see them!!
Old 10-19-2007, 04:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just an FYI for everyone.
I send an email to BFG customer service, asking the same questions I have in this thread.

They advise that the KM2, will have same tread wear characteristics, and the on road performace will be same if not better. The also state that the KM2 will offer better off road characteristics, however things in the snow will be the same for both tires...

In light of the posts, and a reponse from BFG, I think ill have to get these tires!
Old 10-19-2007, 02:28 PM
JK Freak

I love my KM2's. On road they are great, quiet (for an MT) and handle very well in the rain. Off road well all I can say is WOW! I recently went on a day long run with guys running the old BFG M/T's, and Swampers, Both of these rigs were locked XJ's and I with my X was able to out perform them hands down in the sand, and when the going got slick, I was keeping up if not leading at times. Everyone took turns playing with my rig in the dunes and they were blown away. I'm sure that the snow will be flying here any day now and I plan on giving these tires one heck of a test.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:36 PM
-

HERE THEY ARE STILL NO LIFT, THOUGH. GUNNA PUT THAT ON TOMMOROW

Old 10-19-2007, 06:21 PM
JK Freak

Talking Wow

WOW !!!!!!That is all I can say REDNECKHOUSTON ......that looks awesome!!!!

????What did you do so the 35's fit with no lift ... without rubbing????????????????

Last edited by HULKGREEN; 10-19-2007 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just got some 35x12.5R17 KM2s. They have less than 200 miles on them. None off-road. I buy BFG tires almost exclusively. ATs for my trucks, MTs for my Jeeps. Based on my previous experience with the MT km and the fact that BFG probably wouldn't make a change unless it was for the better, I had no problem paying $264/tire. OUCH!!! Those 17" tires are expensive.

Later-
Old 10-20-2007, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Those tires look grrreeeeeeeat! Nice tread!
I'm definelty going to have to pick a set up!

Thanks for all the info!
Old 10-20-2007, 07:03 AM
JK Newbie

I had the km2s put on my jk and think they are great. I primarily use my jk for everyday use and feel they are great for road use.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

I have a set of 37x12.50R18LT KM2s mounted on the 18" Sahara wheels I had OMF beadlock and powdercoat black. The new Mud Terrains are among the very best on-road tires I've used. They have sidewalls that, while they're stronger than the old Mud Terrain, are supple and allow plenty of flex and a smoother ride. They're also very quiet and true. They took very little weight to balance perfectly, something the old Mud Terrains wouldn't do.

Off-road, these tires are a mixed bag. I've photographed four JKs with 37-40" KM2s on them for 4WD&SU magazine. When we went up the canyon where I like to shoot, the vehicles couldn't hold a line in the rocks and kept slipping sideways off the boulders. Every one. Every time. It was so bad I was considering getting rid of my new BFGs. But, I just returned from a trip to southern Utah where two JKs had the KM2s on them and the other vehicles had a mixed bag of brands ranging from Interco to Pro Comp. While all the tires worked well, the KM2-shod JKs outperformed everyone! The tires gripped on the slickrock like glue and worked well in deep sand.

So, even though they don't seem to work well in some environments, the Mud Terrain KM2's plusses outweigh their minuses and I'm glad I have them.

Sorry for the long post.

Quick Reply: Mud-Terrain™ T/A® KM2