Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mud Stain Cleaning... Midwest Mud

Old 06-22-2009, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mud Stain Cleaning... Midwest Mud

Hi Everyone,

I would like to find the best way to clean everything under the tub in a way that removes the mud stains left by Midwest mud.

I have successfully removed all of the mud following the last trip to Badlands; but, there is still a lot of brown stain on the frame and and suspension parts.

I used a lawn sprinkler, then a regular hose, then a powerwasher, and then a trip through a good carwash (with underbody spray). The stains remain.

I know it's a Jeep; but, I get envious looking at the rigs on this forum that look really clean. I guess I want the best of both worlds.

As a secondary question, does anyone have a recommendation of detergent to feed through the powerwasher? I found some wash/wax at Walmart yesterday; but, I'm not so crazy about the wax side of it.

Thanks for anything that can be shared.

Jeff
Old 12-20-2011, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bringing this thread back, I'm having the same issue
Old 12-21-2011, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I go to the local Suzuki sportbike shop and they sell a product called Suzuki cleaner. Its in a spray bottle and you dilute with water and spray it on and wash it off. I have always used it on motorcycles and my jeep and it works great! A little expensive but is well worth it. I just don't let it sit on the jeep long though. A long time ago I forgot to spray it off of my 4 wheelers aluminum rims and it oxidized them. Just a warning! But if you wash it all off well you will have no problems at all. I continue to spray my jeep down for like 10 extra minutes just to make sure I got it all.

Quick Reply: Mud Stain Cleaning... Midwest Mud