Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mud/Slush mats- Mopar Vs. Quadratec

Old 03-23-2014, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mud/Slush mats- Mopar Vs. Quadratec

My JKU 2014 just came with carpet. I want to pick up some of the thick rubber mats for the front seats . I was looking at either the Quadratec or the Mopar ones. I was surprised to see the Mopar ones are cheaper. I know its a bit silly as they are just chunks a rubber, but is there any reason I should pay the extra for the Quadratecs?

Quadratec:
Quadratec Exclusive 14254 0305 - Quadratec® Ultimate All Weather Front & Rear Floor Liners for 2014 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

Mopar:
MOPAR 82213860 - MOPAR® Floor Slush Mats with Tire Tread Pattern for 2014 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec
Old 03-23-2014, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

I've had both and am currently running the mopar mats. The quadratec mats probably cover slightly more but i like the look of the mopar mats a lot better. The green logo came all of my quadratec mats after just a short time.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

I've the mopar in my 2012. There is a bit of space around the sides that dirt can find its way to the carpet, but they cover pretty well and seem very very durable. Unless you never vacuum your rig In wouldn't worry about the gap. Its small.

Life is better in 4 low
Tom
Old 03-23-2014, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've had both. I had the mopar mats in my 2010 jku and, while I liked the coverage and the look, they wore very quickly. Ended up with a hole in my diver's mat just from everyday use in a short period of time. So I then purchased the Quadratec mats. Seemed to be more durable and not as flimsy. Also coverage area is better. The Quadratec logo did come off rather quickly however. I now have the mopar mats again with my 2014, only because they came with the purchase. I can already tell the drivers mat is wearing thin. I will probably go with some WeatherTechs next. I had them in my Tacoma and they were the best liners I've ever seen.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have the mopar mats and i like the look of them.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wifes 2007 JKU came with the carpet mats, however part of the deal was free MOPAR slush mats. Have had them in since Oct 06. They have been great, and are still in very good condition. Have the Quardratec rubber mat in the rear cargo area, and it's been great as well.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

I have the AEV mats in my '12 and couldnt be happier with the coverage, fit and finish.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:18 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you for the replies. It seems a few people have had issues with the Mopar, but others are happy. I guess I can't really go wrong either way.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Damn
I guess I can't really go wrong either way.

Exactly. They are just rubber floor matts. I went with the WeatherTech liners and am quite happy with them overall. They fit very well.

A little off topic, but I just had to say that your user name got a good chuckle out of me. Not really sure why, but it sure made me laugh.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mopar mats for free with the jeep. Still look mint. Great for keep mud and other debris in the mat with the deep design. I have an auto so no wear from using a clutch.

Quick Reply: Mud/Slush mats- Mopar Vs. Quadratec