Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mud Grapplers

Old 05-25-2014, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mud Grapplers

I want to hear comments on these tires from people who have run these on a Jeep. I've heard 2 shops that I priced these at act really iffy on me wanting these. I'm sure they don't wear good on something heavy like a 4 door truck, but considering how much lighter a Jeep is I figured the wear would be alot better, especially considering they are Nittos. So I figured I'd ask others who have used them on a Jeep so I get the best advice for the exact application rather than someone throwing a blanket statement out about these tires.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love mine!
Old 05-25-2014, 05:12 PM
JK Jedi

But I've only had them for 600 miles
Old 05-25-2014, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ran them for 2 yrs and loved them. Great offroad in the midwest on rocks and mud.
Loud on the street. But now after running trail grapplers my wife and kids say they miss the noise!?
They also seem to out last my trail grapplers. Only had the trail grapplers for 8 months now and they arw already half way worn down at 8k miles.
Had 20k on the muds and sold them at half tread. Making a nasty climb right before I sold them.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:29 PM
JK Newbie

put mine on my jeep they were already used, have over half tread left, and I LOVE them , they work amazingly well, I've been trying to get my jeep stuck for months now and they just keep crawling through everything. very loud but I love the sound. just like a jet plane going down the road. they were worn great and seem to be still wearing great so I highly recommend them. I will definitely get another set when mine are done
Old 05-25-2014, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys. I don't mind the noise and they seem to cost pretty close to the same price as trail grapplers so I wanted to do some checking first.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Not on a Jeep yet but on my F150. Ran 35s and 37s and I absolutely loved them. That humming sound going down the road is music to my ears haha. Great off roading tire too man. Some people complain about the mileage out of them. Being a lighter vehicle than trucks you should get a little more out of them but some people get a unlucky batch of tires and wear quick it seems.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

I ran 35" nitto mud grapplers on my jeep and it was a love hate relationship. I loved the way they looked and behaved off road but really struggled on long drives. And when I say long drives I'm talking about 1 hr drives plus , they were loud and it drove me nuts. Having said that, I did manage to get 75,000km out of em which is really impressive.

Long story short , I just recently went up to 37" tires and went with the Toyos m/t and couldn't be happier. Much better on road and now actually planing some longer drives to explore since I won't be as fatigued and annoyed with the tires

And just as a side note, the reason why I went with the nittos in the first place was because my jeep is not my daily driver, and it still ain't. That just goes to show you how loud and un friendly these tires can be.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

Steve
Old 05-25-2014, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Stevep
I ran 35" nitto mud grapplers on my jeep and it was a love hate relationship. I loved the way they looked and behaved off road but really struggled on long drives. And when I say long drives I'm talking about 1 hr drives plus , they were loud and it drove me nuts. Having said that, I did manage to get 75,000km out of em which is really impressive.

Long story short , I just recently went up to 37" tires and went with the Toyos m/t and couldn't be happier. Much better on road and now actually planing some longer drives to explore since I won't be as fatigued and annoyed with the tires

And just as a side note, the reason why I went with the nittos in the first place was because my jeep is not my daily driver, and it still ain't. That just goes to show you how loud and un friendly these tires can be.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

Steve
Was it just the noise you didn't like?
Old 05-25-2014, 08:05 PM
JK Newbie

You bet, noise drove me nuts. I liked the attention I got from the noise but it was truly annoying on longer drives. Other then that, they are truly an amazing tire, never had any flats or balancing issues.

Great overall tire, just really loud.

Honest feedback, not trying to sway you either way.

Quick Reply: Mud Grapplers