Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mud Flaps & 35's?

Old 04-15-2009, 09:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mud Flaps & 35's?

I'm thinking about getting some mud flaps for my Jeep. I have the 2.5" TF BB lift and 35's and am looking for pics of Jeeps with this same build who have put on mud flaps so I can see if it'll work for me. What do you say guys, can you help me out? Thanks...
Old 04-16-2009, 07:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one likes mud flaps. I drive a lot of gravel so I have some but I don't really like the way they look. I just have them to help protect the paint on my doors, etc.

I'm running 34's. Here is a photo of the Mopar flaps:

Old 04-16-2009, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT buy the above Mopar hard plastic mud flaps if you actually wheel your Jeep. I have damn near the same setup as you and my nightmare was the fact they drag everywhere and what finally finished them off was driving over a fallen tree and getting a bit high centered, reversed off it and the damn tree took both mud flaps as well as broke a lot of clips on both fender flares. My suggestion is generic rubber ones that fold.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by teamdher
DO NOT I repeat DO NOT buy the above Mopar hard plastic mud flaps if you actually wheel your Jeep. I have damn near the same setup as you and my nightmare was the fact they drag everywhere and what finally finished them off was driving over a fallen tree and getting a bit high centered, reversed off it and the damn tree took both mud flaps as well as broke a lot of clips on both fender flares. My suggestion is generic rubber ones that fold.

True. I forgot to mention that. They aren't flexable at all. I take them off before off roading. Good for gravel roads, bad for trails.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the pics "clypso" hmmm... yeah you're right I don't know if I like the way they look. Hey I see you have the Mopar Rock Rails. I was looking for a pic of those also, looks like I just killed to birds with one stone. Question, do the rock rails install complete with the holes used for the factory side steps? Thanks...
Old 04-17-2009, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Well if you are going to go the mud flap route may I suggest the following:

eatbeefmudflaps.com they come in two sizes.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by orp967
Thanks for the pics "clypso" hmmm... yeah you're right I don't know if I like the way they look. Hey I see you have the Mopar Rock Rails. I was looking for a pic of those also, looks like I just killed to birds with one stone. Question, do the rock rails install complete with the holes used for the factory side steps? Thanks...
Well, can't say about the rock rails. Its a Rubicon so it came with them.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:09 PM
JK Junkie

I had flaps on my last JK... I'll post when I can get home to my computer. I had a 2.5" with 35's at one point. Check my gallery, it might still be on there.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:11 PM
JK Junkie

Here...

Old 04-17-2009, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

yes the rock rails mount in the same place as the side steps

Quick Reply: Mud Flaps & 35's?