Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MTR Kevlar?

Old 11-03-2011, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple of my wheels had 9-10 oz of weight on them. Apparently the fella who balanced my tires did not clean off the rims very well. I had to bring one tire back already to have the weights re-balanced due to them falling off. I have a feeling the other tires may do the same. The guys where I bought the tires told me if there is any issues bring them back. Which I plan on doing.
The tires look great! Just waiting for my AEV 3.5 lift to get to my house, hopefully this weekend. I can't wait to get them on being that its been since May 09 when I first bought the jeep that I have been running the stock wheels. I will def post some pics when its finished.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by damon.l
ill be ordering tires this next week sometime and i cant find the mtr with kevlar instock at the places i usually buy tires.

it was a toss-up between those and the duratracs. the duratracs will probably suit my needs but i kinda wantedt he mtrs.
Go for the MTR/K for longevity and good all around performance. The Duratrac excels in snow, but the guys here in CO have been reporting that they don't last long (as in the tread wears down quickly). Of course this probably has to do with rock crawling chewing them up, but I'm afraid your summer heat in TX will eat those alive.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have had my MTR's for 11 months now. They balanced easily and I have had no issues save one. After one wheeling trip I was getting a wobble in my steering wheel. Had the tires rebalanced and all was good. Either I spun a wheel inside the tire when it was aired down or knocked off a weight). Quick fix and we are good to go.

They have worked really well offroad and on the road they are quieter than the 32" stock mud terrain that was on my jeep when I got it.

Love the tire!

Josh
Old 11-03-2011, 10:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by KSRubicon
Go for the MTR/K for longevity and good all around performance. The Duratrac excels in snow, but the guys here in CO have been reporting that they don't last long (as in the tread wears down quickly). Of course this probably has to do with rock crawling chewing them up, but I'm afraid your summer heat in TX will eat those alive.
hmm... i never considered the heat issue in texas.

what do i do when every place has the mtr/k on backorder with no expected deliver date?
Old 11-03-2011, 11:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
What size are you looking for? tirerack.com has them in stock in 37x12.5 r17
Why did you have to say that... I was always set one 35's but now that they seem to be sold out everywhere and there are 37's there you make me want those... You just had to get my mind on the 37's for selling me yours so cheap. I love and hate you at the same time for that.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by damon.l
hmm... i never considered the heat issue in texas.

what do i do when every place has the mtr/k on backorder with no expected deliver date?
Buy pitbulls!
Old 11-03-2011, 11:25 AM
JK Freak

What size are you looking for? tirerack.com has them in stock in 37x12.5 r17
as the other dude im looking at 35x12.5 /17.

37s would be killer, but their price puts them out of my price range.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:33 AM
JK Freak

Tire rack has 35's too, not sure about the wheel size but think they have them in 17"

Are you not going to run those mtr's I sold you? I saw your buddy had them on his but he order new 37's for his rig.

You will notice a difference on the new mtr/k vs the old mtr because they are almost an 1 1/2" bigger.
Yes sold out of the 35x12.50x17. Im going to run those but I had at first hoped to only run those offroad and have a different set for street but I think Im going to end up just running those on and off until they are dead and then buy a new set... Now that i have gotten the taste of 37's in my mouth thats all i want... but the price is killing me as well... He had them on to test them and see how they were because i havent been able to put them on because I havent brought my jeep back home from school yet. He ordered his last night Trail grapplers though.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ludski
,mmmmmmm. they gonna be SEXY!
LOL your price spend on jeep is now well into the 6000's that jumped a lot quick... Think ill have to go with 35x12.50x15

Quick Reply: MTR Kevlar?