Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MTR Kevlar?

Old 11-02-2011, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have mine mounted on XD Addicts each wheel required at least 8oz of stick on weights from Tire Rack. They still don't feel like they are even close to be balanced. When I find a shop to do my alignment I plan to have them check balancing also.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brandon1024
For the people on there second or more set. what life do they have?
I usually toss tires after they go half tread so I don't know if I'm much help. First set 20K, half tread. Second set did a little better with the jeep being traded in with about 80% tread left after 15K.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by KSRubicon
I usually toss tires after they go half tread so I don't know if I'm much help. First set 20K, half tread. Second set did a little better with the jeep being traded in with about 80% tread left after 15K.
Wow im surprised at how good the tread life is! if i can get 50,000 out of a mud tire id be thrilled... I only was on pace to get about 20-25k with my Km2.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mdash
I must have gotten lucky with my set. Sorry you guys are having balance issues.
The reason I bought these tires is because of how praised they are on, and off road. The more I looked into them, the more I noticed it is actually a very small percentage of people with balance issues, but they are the loudest voice. There are to s of people with this tire, almost all with little issues.

That's the one downfall with forums, the one bad side of a product, no matter how small the population, shines the brightest.

If someone wants them, get them, take your time balancing, and enjoy, you won't regret.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Marcsingrocks
i actually have to drive into orlando which is about an hour and a half from me to get them balanced... local tire shops, even the shop that specializes in large tires, wont touch them and says it isnt worth me balancing them!
They're lazy and don't know what they are doing then.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKRVEE
I'm starting to think the tire boys out in the eastern states need tire balancing classes. I'm on my 5th set of MTRs and have had ZERO balancing problems, and ZERO problems period. Someone would have to come out with a miracle tire for me to run anything but the Good Years.
I was born and raised a Goodyear guy. I've had an open mind and nothing has beaten them IMO. And it doesn't hurt that that's what is usually what mopars come with
Old 11-03-2011, 07:29 AM
JK Freak

Loved my 37's I wanted bigger just could get them that was my only problem
Old 11-03-2011, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brandon1024
Wow im surprised at how good the tread life is! if i can get 50,000 out of a mud tire id be thrilled... I only was on pace to get about 20-25k with my Km2.
I'm happy with the treadlife. They do "cup" pretty easily, so super important to rotate them religiously.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:33 AM
JK Freak

ill be ordering tires this next week sometime and i cant find the mtr with kevlar instock at the places i usually buy tires.

it was a toss-up between those and the duratracs. the duratracs will probably suit my needs but i kinda wantedt he mtrs.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dannyfrench
I was born and raised a Goodyear guy. I've had an open mind and nothing has beaten them IMO. And it doesn't hurt that that's what is usually what mopars come with
dannyfrench that is a awesome avatar!!

I had to send back one of my 37's for non balance. It takes time to get it right on the rim so it can balance out good and it helps to have someone who knows how to balance large tires.

Quick Reply: MTR Kevlar?