Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MTR /k directional mounting

Old 07-29-2010, 05:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crasher
Ok, here's the scoop from a nice sounding girl from Good Year. She had no idea why the outside had to be outside. I asked to speak to an engineer and they do not have engineers to talk to consumers. I persisted and she talked to her manager. After awhile, she came back with " The outer larger lugs are on the outside to handle mud and rocks and the inner smaller lugs are for stability on the road." No mention of cornering on the front.[I][U] So, from that, if you are going to run in mud or rocks, do it with the outside of the tire and run on the road with the inside........ I just had to say that!

I spoke with 4wheel Parts customer service and after confirming the MTRs had an outside and inside, agreed to reemburse me for having the tires broken down, remounted and rebalanced. They too, were unaware of this requirement.

I eventually learn, but sometimes slower.
glad it workd out for u in the end and you learned something. as for the cornering idea, asymmetrical were used for sports cars, im thinking thats where the cornering comes into play. but for us it does make a difference, u may not notice it but it is there

but this is sooooo sad that the company selling the tire didnt know, that little bit of information of a tire being asymmetrical, symmetrical, or directional is a pretty important bit of info. atleast u got it figured out and they agreed to help out in the end
Old 07-30-2010, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Olean NY Jeeper
.... White lettering out is not dorky.
Is too!.....Very '70's!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did an off road shop not know this. This astounds me. Do they ever pick up a copy of JP magazine or Petersons 4wd. Both magazines had extensive reviews of this tire. Between this tire and KMs these are the most popular off road tires on the market right now. They need to hire some competant people.

Quick Reply: MTR /k directional mounting