Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

mt logan options for dana 30

Old 03-01-2009, 10:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mt logan options for dana 30

does mt logan offer their axle sleeves for the dana 30 as I think they may be the same as the dana 44?
Old 03-01-2009, 10:36 AM
JK Super Freak

30 and 44 both use the same tubes, so I am probably going to be putting the sleeves on my 30.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mt Logan sleeved my D30. The same kit works for either a D30 or D44.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:17 AM
JK Newbie

thanks!

look's like I might take a few days off with a rental car in the future. one quick Question is it required that the tubes be welded via the inner portion whicj would require carrier removal. as My one "fear" is dicking up the gears setup by removing the carrier assy.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you can take something apart and put it together again successfully, you will not "dick up" your gears. IF the sleeves require welding on the inner side, all that needs to be removed is the axles and carrier assembly. Just take note of any carrier bearing shims and put them back exactly where they came from. The pinion gear will not have to be removed. As long as you replace the carrier exactly as it came out, no "dicking up" will occur. Remember to re torque the carrier bolts.

Quick Reply: mt logan options for dana 30